Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bankers and Anchors - Round 7 2016

Bankers:

1. Toby McLean played a great game, head over the ball when it was his turn to go and judicial in hanging back for the crumb.
    2. Umpiring. And no, not because the free kicks went our way (honest!) but because it was a pretty well-umpired game. Frenetic pace and the high tackles and throwing of the ball from both sides were mostly picked up.
    3. Luke Darcy's wife for still loving him despite that dancing.

Anchors:
    1. Like others I thought Fletcher was poor but I'm not on the delistment wagon, remember Wood was a pretty poor one-on-one defender until he got it all together. Not giving up on Fletch yet.
    2. Adelaide's very existence. Shit stains.
    3. I got nothin' else. Great game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    B:
    Boyd.....many claim he is falling away. He was huge last night....all game....and his disposal was exemplary.

Roughy and Campbell.....really pleased with their combination.

Redpath.....as usual he drifted out of the game late but his impact on the side structurally makes us a better side.....and he kicks straight.

A:
    That goal to Jenkins when Eddie snuck out the back late in the game. How could we not have learned from the Sicily goal against Hawthorn?

Same passage of play....Wood tries to body Walker instead of jumping and spoiling the contest.....as he would normally do 99% of the time.

Adam's handballing. Love the guy but hit your targets mate.
    And hit them at less that 99mph when they're within 5 meters of you preferably.

Post Thanks / Like

B
    Stringer - answered the critics, turned it on as he can do. Played the game out with a bad corkie too.
    Bont - that last goal is something I've been looking for for some time. Someone who wants to stand up and take the game.
    Moz - rock solid. Boydy too, I've been a critic but he picked up 27 possies at 85% efficiency.

A
    - Adams - love his game overall, but some ordinary moments. I'll forgive him losing that early mark in the lights!
    -Fletcher - we just need him to be better.
    -The blokes behind me. Could've been anchors, but their very vocal efforts turned in the last few minutes to abuse. I'd much rather hang it on Radelaide fans. Likewise the idiots throwing chips and assorted rubbish onto the Crows fans nearby. Just poor form.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Adam's handballing. Love the guy but hit your targets mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    And hit them at less that 99mph when they're within 5 meters of you preferably.
    Might have been his fractured finger to blame
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers

Caleb Daniel......has the smarts and hunger to be an absolute champion

Wallis...enormous lift in Q3.

Dahl...never stopped trying.

Anchors

Roberts....a trier but slow to react and, as yet, has not developed the anticipation and timing of a Brian Lake

Hunter.....amasses possessions but hurts us with disposal at times

Press.....maybe too far up the ground, still.....if we are going to do this, we've gotta have the players who have the elite speed to get back quick enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers:

Adelaide whinging about the umpires. I love watching other clubs complaining about us.

Anchors:

Adelaide whinging about the umpires. keep yourself nice Adelaide, the umpires didn't cost you the game.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.