Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  30
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Crows' call on umpires 'disgusting', says Beveridge

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    I'll leave a note for him in my garbage bin, I'm sure he'll find it.

I'll hide in my bin and punch him in the face when he looks in. That should get the message across.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

dont feed the troll guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I sent a tweet to him along the same lines. I suggest all bulldog supporters do same.
    I sent him a note challenging the matter and the standards of journalism and he blocked me. I guess if you disagree with him thats what happens hence the lack of disagreement in response to his tweet
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    I sent him a note challenging the matter and the standards of journalism and he blocked me. I guess if you disagree with him thats what happens hence the lack of disagreement in response to his tweet
    He was presumably confused that you

a) talked about standards in journalism. What does that even mean? None of that sentence makes any sense.

b) referred to him as a journalist. That's too generous and you must have meant to say that to someone else

Post Thanks / Like

It's the only way they can think of to stop us.

6. Likes Twodogs, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Noticed in the game twitter feed a lot of people commenting on how we were massively assisted by the umpires today, despite the freekick count being fairly even.

The tide is starting to turn, i think people are starting to disown us as their second team. This is a good thing.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

8. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Noticed in the game twitter feed a lot of people commenting on how we were massively assisted by the umpires today, despite the freekick count being fairly even.

The tide is starting to turn, i think people are starting to disown us as their second team. This is a good thing.
    I love to hear the other mob sooking and arguing when it comes to sport.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Again, we got 33% more frees more today. Baton down the hatches for us bribing umpires stories.

(12-16)
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

11. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's funny, a lovely heeled middle to upper aged lady walking towards the exit today was bemoaning the ridiculous umpiring that ruined her afternoon.

On the other hand, a very lovely young lady took the piss out of herself for leaving early and being "one of those fans".

The old crew of the MFC think they're above us because they come from a time where good times are remembered. The young crew know they're not better than us, and identify with us. It's pretty funny.

13. Likes bulldogtragic, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Subscribers only...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Subscribers only...
    I don't subscribe to that rubbish but had it on my screen. now its blocked. - Sorry
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Here it is if you want to read it

SILENCE. And how the AFL must enjoy the way the news cycle changes quickly.

Campaigns vary from week to week. Campaigners quickly give up to chase the latest hot topic.

The post-script to the outrage in the lopsided 28-12 free-kick count from the Western Bulldogs-Adelaide game in round seven became just that this week: An after-thought in Monday’s football talkfests.

MARK BICKLEY (FIVEaa): “Free-kick count (in Carlton-Port Adelaide game) one-sided, 26-11. Any need ...”

KEN HINKLEY (Port Adelaide coach): “Doesn’t matter, does it ‘Bicks’?”

BICKLEY: “Any need to call AFL House? Any clarification needed?”

HINKLEY: “No, not something I do. It’s just the way it is. You deserve what you get sometimes. On the weekend, that’s the result we deserved.”

STEPHEN ROWE (FIVEaa): “It is a disgrace ... How are umpires going to get better if there is not pressure to improve? If coaches with strong voices are told to shut the hell up ...”

And that is where it ends. But should it?

AFL football chief Mark Evans warns against being “sucked in” by the raw free-kick tallies in games. But there is nothing else to work with as the league — the AFL that says it champions transparency — continues to hold back the full summary on correct, unwarranted and missed free kicks.

There were nine AFL games played at the weekend. Three had “lopsided” free-kick counts, as measured by a differential of more than 10 free kicks. Not surprisingly, each was to the home team — playing a team from another state.

Carlton 26, Port Adelaide 11 (differential of 15 in a two-point game).

West Coast 24, St Kilda 13 (11 — and Evans recognises the differential is greatest in games played in Perth with the Eagles crowd).

Adelaide 26, Geelong 14 (12).

Three other matches had home teams hosting interstate rivals — and the greatest differential was eight: Collingwood 29-21 on Brisbane in a one-sided 78-point game. The umpires clearly were not going to be overly influenced by the mute home crowd.

The round’s tightest finish — Richmond’s one-point win after the siren against Sydney at the MCG — had a differential of two: Tigers 28, Swans 26. And the Richmond fans inevitably were vocal — and probably influential.

After eight rounds, the discipline counter on the 18 AFL teams — according to the only numbers the league will allow to be read in public — suggests Western Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge has a model unit at the Kennel. The Dogs have had the most free kicks (183) and the largest differential (70).

Geelong mentor Chris Scott has the game’s naughty boys at the Cattery — a league-high 197 free kicks and a -33 differential.

Adelaide’s free-kick count this season is almost square at 154-155. Port Adelaide has a significant imbalance, 146-172.

But, as former Adelaide coach Neil Craig said so well in his time at West Lakes, there is little to achieve in highlighting umpiring errors when games are decided by players who are far from perfect.

AFL umpiring coach Hayden Kennedy last season — to stay on the front foot — called Hinkley to admit his men had made errors in a Port Adelaide game. Hinkley asked if the admission from AFL House who result in the premiership table being adjusted. There was silence in response — just as there is today on last week’s “hot topic”.

18. Thanks N/A, Ghost Dog, bornadog, 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks.

I love it, we're monsters at the contest, fair, and it's our massive home crowd influence that's done it.