Thanks Thanks:  26
Likes Likes:  173
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WOOF turns 10 years old!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Happy 10th anniversary WOOF.

I came to this site early in 2008 - after The Coon Dog sent me a private message on Bigfooty, suggesting that I would enjoy this forum more than bigfooty, and I am glad I did.

It is a shame that TCD is no longer a regular contributor - his voice on here is certainly missed - and he also used to sit in front of me at the footy, so I'm not sure what his movements are now.

Anyways, Monday's to Friday's I always enjoy checking in during the day - as the first place I look for any bulldog news or discussion.
    Think I read recently on Woof that he is overseas. Seems like he recruited a lot of us.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you to Twodogs and BulldogBelle as well. Sorry I missed saying that.

I have ended up meeting quiet a few people on here and knew Gary when we worked together on a project at Coles Supermarkets (2004 to 2006) . We do catch up every now and then. A funny story I can remember when working with Gary was discussing the Dogs. Gary sat behind me. The project we were on had some 200 plus people working in an open plan office. If someone came up to us and wanted to talk about the club, Gary would say "are you a member", if the response was no, then he would say, "well I don't want to talk to you, come back when you have joined up."

TCD got the opportunity to arrange a few dinners with Rocket, and I was invited along and met a lot of WOOFERS over a number of years including Twodogs. I must say they are all terrific blokes. One of the pinnacles was the VFL grandfinal when about ten woofers ended up sitting together and enjoying the win together.

Craigsahibee sits in front of me on level two, and I see a few WOOFERS on level two running around including FDOTM, Twodogs.

Over the years we have had differences of opinion on players, game styles, coaches but out of all of that, it has been out of the love of our club and they have all been good healthy debates. It's a shame a few people have dropped out over the years.

I encourage all those lurkers to contribute and don't rely on the same old posters. A good forum will only last as long as there are plenty of contributors.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

3. Likes merantau, Eastdog, Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy birthday Woof and thank you to those who make it happen. Always have the site open as I work at my desk each day...hate to think how much time I've spent reading and commenting over the time.

Thank you for putting up with my smart arse user name and (occasional) smart arse comments. Looking forward to the day when I come on this site after our second premiership win. Don't think I've ever posted when pissed out of my mind.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

5. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to all who setup WOOF and keep it going. You have been responsible for countless unproductive hours at work over the years!

I was recruited from Big Footy in November 2008 by Captain Sensible (Carl). Just wondering who that is, there's no equivalent user name here?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Why didn't Tri-Colours (the interim site) stick as the name out of curiosity G?
    Because Gary and I were pretty pleased with ourselves for thinking of an acronym that spelled out WOOF...

Too complicated from memory. It was hosted on one of those free forum sites and it wasn't very stable.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

8. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Because Gary and I were pretty pleased with ourselves for thinking of an acronym that spelled out WOOF...

Too complicated from memory. It was hosted on one of those free forum sites and it wasn't very stable.
    That's a great reason!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

10. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'm getting more credit than I deserve. I can honestly say that without Twodogs and BulldogsBelle the site would not have started.

I can still recall exchanging a number of text messages with Twodogs before we stumbled upon the possible name of the site.

And without Alwaysadog, Bulldog Revolution, WW Biscuit, The Bulldogs Bite and Mofra helping setting up a lot of content before we launched our little Bulldog community would have struggled. Having another 20 quality people join when we launched gave us a great foundation.

We have been very fortunate to have so many others join in along the way

Yep. GVRjr Bulldog Belle, Dry Rot, Topdog (I think) and I were moderating the bulldog page on BigFooty back in the day when we decided that having our own site run by bulldog supporters would be a better use of the time we spent moderating.

It's funny I was on BF from the start. I was the first moderator that wasn't Bluey, Fred, Chief or any of the other aliases he used, I moderated The Limbo Club when it was on BF and pretty much migrated TLC onto its own forum but now I don't have enough privileges (whatever they are) to even post

12. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been on here 8 years this month, was alerted to its existence by a lady on the (then) Epping train after we lost to North in 08 after BJ missed that shot after the siren. We beat Hawthorn the next week in Tassie and I was sure joining WOOF was a good omen!

Could never have imagined the random opportunities joining WOOF would afford me over the journey, and it's honestly been a privilege to be a part of a forum that provides a special insight into not only our club but the game as well.

It's the only forum of any kind I've been a member of, and it's helped me feel more part of the Western Bulldog family. Thank-you to all of you
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Thanks to all who setup WOOF and keep it going. You have been responsible for countless unproductive hours at work over the years!

I was recruited from Big Footy in November 2008 by Captain Sensible (Carl). Just wondering who that is, there's no equivalent user name here?
    Twodogs?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

15. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not a regular poster on here now but PeanutsPeanuts was a great contributor to WOOF eg: history of all our finals thread.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Just thinking of our other direct WOOF achievements that have helped our great club:

Player Sponsorships
    March to the G
    The Peoples Beard merchandise, and the PM holding it up for a photo
    Recruiting Tom Boyd
    First Dog annual calendars
    Donating unwanted merchandise back into the club's community programs
    A woofed Lego MCG (still awesome Ryan)

Name others if you can (my memory is hazy sometimes, sorry if I missed it). It would great of the club to acknowledge so many contributions of a large group of people, most of whom have never met before and whose common bond is seeing us get the promised land.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

18. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done WOOF team including the posters.

You have been an Island of solace, an escape from Adelaide media and a constant source of learning for me.

20. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I first stumbled across WOOF while looking up references to the Western Bulldogs in Sarah Watt's film, My Year Without Sex (which is fitting in a way, as the journey of many members could be summarised as My Lifetime Without A Premiership. But I digress...)

Thank you to WOOF for helping me to feel that there is a place in the Bulldog family even for an ignoramus like me. You have all taught me so much, about the rules and culture and history of football, but most importantly, about community, and I'm forever grateful.

Post Thanks / Like

When I looked at my posting since date just now, I have to say, time has flown!

Thank you to every one involved in creating, running and contributing to this site. I wouldn't know a tenth of what I know about the current Bulldogs if it weren't for Woof. This site has kept me up to date and sane in workplaces where footy is the first thing talked about on Monday and where footy doesn't rate a mention at all! Hell, this site has even landed me a job interview (thanks ReLoad).

I look forward to the year that we're all too busy watching the dogs at the grand final to participate in Rocco's grand final madness thread
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

23. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes Murphy'sLore, dadsgirl16, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    I first stumbled across WOOF while looking up references to the Western Bulldogs in Sarah Watt's film, My Year Without Sex (which is fitting in a way, as the journey of many members could be summarised as My Lifetime Without A Premiership. But I digress...)

Thank you to WOOF for helping me to feel that there is a place in the Bulldog family even for an ignoramus like me. You have all taught me so much, about the rules and culture and history of football, but most importantly, about community, and I'm forever grateful.
    Poor Sarah. I was in Mothers group with Sarah, our kids still hang around together. Clem ans Stella are lovely kids.

We knew she was sick but it was still a shock.