Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  29
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

'Aussie Rules' Football Coming to Texas? Asks Houston Chronicle.

Houston Chronicle Exclusive:

It's been one heck of a exciting, but yet confusing ride watching Texas' very own Mason Cox dominating the 'Aussie Rules' game as the main goal striker for his team. 'Aussie Rules' is not rugby as we are learning fast. The high flying, electric paced athletes that make up this game makes it exciting and thrilling as many Texans have been learning fast. These guys are tough as they are exciting as they wear no protective equipment! Crazy or courageous, we don't know yet.

Earlier this year in January, Houston hosted the Houston American-Australian Chamber of Commerce in partnership with G’day USA, tickets for next year at www.gdayusa.org/event/aacc-black-tie-gala. American and Australian power brokers networked and indulged in fine Australian food and wine which has foodie's tongues wagging. What does this to have with sport you say? The Houston Chronicle understands that trade between Texas and Australia will benefit significantly, and that recent discussions about the January 2017 AACC Black Tie Gala may include a culture trade of 'Aussie Rules' as a must attend event.

Insiders from 'down under' report that an exhibition game could take place in Houston in late January as the timing fits in with 'Aussie Rules' pre-season fixture dates. Sponsors are apparently being sought to make the trip to Texas profitable for two clubs to compete. The two clubs also happen to be the two most exciting 'Aussie Rules' teams, being the Greatest Western Sydney Giants and (Liam Hemworth's team) the Western Melbourne Bulldogs, who could be set for a 'Wild West Derby' at the Houston Sports Park complex, followed by the 2017 Black Tie Gala. Our insiders also tell us that these two teams have a fierce hatred and rivalry that apparently equals Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock in the unforgettable Survivor Series. We will update you very shortly on this exclusive emerging story.

Arty Vandelay, Senior Sports Reporter for The Houston Chronicle.
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 25-05-2016 at 06:40 PM.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 'Aussie Rules' Football Coming to Texas? Asks Houston Chronicle.

If this one gets snaked by the footy media I'll be really impressed.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

4. Likes bulldogtragic, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    If this one gets snaked by the footy media I'll be really impressed.
    It's a huge story, it can't stay quiet for long. It's just hit the web.
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 13-05-2016 at 12:49 AM.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Pass on my regards to Arthur, will ya?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Pass on my regards to Arthur, will ya?
    I will in person if this pans out. I'd happily travel to Houston for holiday, maybe a few days in Dallas but especially watch our boys smash GWS. The club would make a killing you'd think. Big wins all round. Our CEO was an executive in neighbouring Oregon before being recruited by us #justsaying

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post

Art Vandelay, Senior Sports Reporter for The Houston Chronicle.
    George says hello.

9. Likes craigsahibee, Templeton31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Stone Cold and The Rock's rivalry at their respective peaks was amazing. Coming from a Texan that's massive praise.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Stone Cold and The Rock's rivalry at their respective peaks was amazing. Coming from a Texan that's massive praise.
    Isn't it! I still bet Damien Barrett will find some problem with us being involved or Bevo not ringing to tell him about this.

Post Thanks / Like

Is that article real? I just woke up from a nap so maybe I'm being dense but it seems like a joke. Main goal striker? Using 'as we're learning fast' 2 sentences in a row. Smells fishy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Is that article real? I just woke up from a nap so maybe I'm being dense but it seems like a joke. Main goal striker? Using 'as we're learning fast' 2 sentences in a row. Smells fishy
    That was my first thought as well. Reads like a satire piece.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    That was my first thought as well. Reads like a satire piece.
    Seems pretty detailed to me. I guess when it's reported in our media we will know it's legit. Sounds exciting.

Post Thanks / Like

Would be a good source of publicity if we could get it for next year

16. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Without going into the specifics or releasing confidental information, a former strategy colleague has been engaged to look at the economics of this proposal and his initial hypothesis is this game is a lock to go ahead. Expect an announcement around the mid-season bye round.

Cox is generating quite a bit of excitement down south and there's an opportunity to stimulate that even further.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

18. Thanks bulldogtragic, Drunken Bum thanked for this post
    Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Without going into the specifics or releasing confidental information, a former strategy colleague has been engaged to look at the economics of this proposal and his initial hypothesis is this game is a lock to go ahead. Expect an announcement around the mid-season bye round.

Cox is generating quite a bit of excitement down south and there's an opportunity to stimulate that even further.
    Holy sh*tballs! If we can score a good level of sponsorship and a slice of the US pay-per-view action, the club can say goodbye to debt forever!! I don't know who to thank, our CEO or Jake Stringer and his highlight package. You can see yanks loving Jake.

20. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I should add that with the excitement this upcoming match is generating and the potential financial returns to the clubs involved, the AFL is keen to support it but are potentially going to change the teams involved to Carlton and Richmond as they believe those two clubs are more likely to attract a bigger crowd.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

22. Likes Testekill, hujsh, N/A liked this post