Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  10
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flexible Bulldog still relishing the challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    It's really easy to forget how hard a road he had to get on an AFL list. To be repeatedly overlooked, but encouraged to keep trying and to not let that get you down, 3 maybe 4 years in a row.
    Dale looked like a seasoned AFL player from day dot in his debut against Adelaide, where he played most of the game on Andrew McLeod and totally blanketed him.
    He has NEVER been dropped, and whilst his form dipped a little following recovery from his horrid broken leg, he has never really been bereft of form. A large part of this is that he plays every game with a fierceness of spirit, a desire to compete unlike any other Bulldog I've ever seen play.
    What then sets him apart, is that despite this maniacal tenacity, he is one of the fairest players I've ever seen. And he also come across as a lovely person.There have been more talented players, but I'm not sure there has ever been one with more commitment and focus than Dale.
    If there was one player I would want to play for my life it's Dale. You know he's going to die before he EVER contemplates giving up.
    Oh and a glance at his career stats, would affirm that his form right now, is as good as when he was at his statistical peak some 8 years ago.
    I hate him so much.

Post Thanks / Like

About the only thing I can pot Morris for is that he was one of Akermanis' closest mates when he was at the club.

What a fantastic team-first player he has been for us. Morris and Picken are rolled gold solid citizens and brilliant role players for our club.

Post Thanks / Like

Safe to say he's our best recruit from the Doutta Stars.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    About the only thing I can pot Morris for is that he was one of Akermanis' closest mates when he was at the club.

What a fantastic team-first player he has been for us. Morris and Picken are rolled gold solid citizens and brilliant role players for our club.
    I get the feeling that because Morris is such a good guy, he was probably the only one TOO NICE to outwardly show their dislike of Aker! So aker just thought they were mates.

That's what I choose to believe!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I get the feeling that because Morris is such a good guy, he was probably the only one TOO NICE to outwardly show their dislike of Aker! So aker just thought they were mates.

That's what I choose to believe!
    Someone had to make him feel welcome

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post

That just made me love him even more. It takes good character to stand against the tide and stick up for your mate. Morris is a bloke you'd want next to you in a war, no doubt.

That he only has a single Brownlow vote is perhaps football's greatest travesty.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post

Having said that Libba has strolled back into the team like he hasn't missed a game.
    That's 'cause the Man is a Brutal Machine!

8. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dale Morris = Bulldog great.

Really great to have him there especially as Murphy isn't down there in defence currently to have the younger players look up to.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"