Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

View Poll Results: Where are we on the premiership clock?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

3 12.00%

3 12.00%

6 24.00%

8 32.00%

5 20.00%

0 0%
    Post Thanks / Like

The Premiership Clock

Out of curiosity, I'm interested to hear from woofers where you think we are on the premiership clock right now.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Premiership Clock

I think we are at 9.

We are still a bit immature and have a few holes to fill eg. A KPD, a KPF, out side run and maybe a ruck (not sold on Camhead yet). That could be filled by our list now or through trade/draft.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    I think we are at 9.

We are still a bit immature and have a few holes to fill eg. A KPD, a KPF, out side run and maybe a ruck (not sold on Camhead yet). That could be filled by our list now or through trade/draft.
    Sounds about right chef although Hawthorn were at 9 in 08 when they snatched one right before their dynasty.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

4. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

10. Without the injuries/suspensions we would just about be flag favourites for mine.

Crameri is going to be a huge addition next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytee View Post
    10. Without the injuries/suspensions we would just about be flag favourites for mine.

Crameri is going to be a huge addition next year.
    Yep.. I don't think we are that far away especially given the other contenders all have flaws/ gaps in their teams and have doubts about their ability to get the job done too.

It's very open.. So we just need to stay healthy and play at or near our best most weeks and we will hit the finals with as good as chance as anyone.

Post Thanks / Like

When Bevo came to the club, his thoughts were 2017, but he has been pleasantly surprised how our young team has performed
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    When Bevo came to the club, his thoughts were 2017, but he has been pleasantly surprised how our young team has performed
    Well 2017 would make it 11 o'clock this year which is what I voted for by which I mean that this team has an 11/12 chance at winning a flag at some time within the next five years.
    Hopefully we can trade for another good KPP and a pacey good ball user to maximise our chances and with further maturity and team development we can top GWS despite their unholy recruiting advantages, and Sydney's also, not to mention the Dangerfield led Cats etc. We must attract some guns who want to play for us because of our premiership window.
    Having said that, as we stand this year, we could go all the way if we are lucky with injuries. It's a good year to be up and about.
    Footscray Football Republic.

Post Thanks / Like

I sincerely hold that we are a sneaky chance for the flag this year, even without Murphy. But I have put us at 7 o'clock because so many factors are at play. As for the next few years, we need a few of the young ones to really come on and the odd great recruitment. I don't mean a name player necessarily, just one or two more A graders for KP and ruck spots. If Clay Smith could make it back as good as he was, that would make a big difference in terms of selection choice. Getting Murphy back for next year would be a must if we can't snaffle it this year.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Murphy's not coming back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    Murphy's not coming back.
    Gut feeling or fact?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Gut feeling.

I'd love to be wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    Gut feeling.

I'd love to be wrong.
    Yes my feeling is if Murph was playing next year we would know by now. I hope I am wrong too.

Post Thanks / Like

I like to think that the widow is open and the clock is stuck on 12. If you win the premiership, you are a premiership team.

Post Thanks / Like

Can pinch it this year.
    Definately cherry ripe for next year and 4 to 5 years thereafter.
    Can't wait to get Crammers back next year.

16. Thanks S Coast Simon thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I reckon we are at 10 o'clock. We should be between 10 and 2 for the next 5 or 6 years or even longer. Great opportunity to win a flag or 2.