Thanks Thanks:  26
Likes Likes:  118
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Travis Cloke

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Travis Cloke

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    At the right price, if his body's right and he's motivated, then yes - I'd be having a very close look.
    Do we really need him though? How does a Bulldogs forward line look with him?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I don't think he fits in with the versatility the coach demands. What else does he do but play forward?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd rather get the best state league player possible on the rookie list.

The other thing to consider with Cloke is we're struggling to find the 4 delistees/trades to make room for 3 draft picks/Hurley.

Who do we want to delist for a year of Cloke?

Post Thanks / Like

Barrett just said on the footy show that the dogs have discussed recruiting him in a general sense. Collingwood would pay $250,000 of his $500,000 next year to move him on.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

The Pies would rather play Jesse White ahead of him, I reckon he's cooked. Big no for me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Barrett just said on the footy show that the dogs have discussed recruiting him in a general sense. Collingwood would pay $250,000 of his $500,000 next year to move him on.
    With Redpath (essentially) out for the year, I don't think it would be responsible list management for us to go into such an important year with Boyd as our sole key forward, when we have so much depth elsewhere.

If we identify an experienced, AFL quality key forward who won't cost the earth, Cloke will be near the top of the list.

If he only costs us $250,000, and Collingwood would trade him for Jong (who they are hot for and just starred against them) and draft picks (say swap 2nd and/or 3rd round picks), I think we'd be sorely tempted.

Post Thanks / Like

With the exception of maybe 5 years of Travis, Collingwood being selected by the 3 Cloke boys (over Richmond) hasn't returned a great deal for them, certainly not the expectations they had for them. The best Cloke moment was Satanta giving Cameron a decking and a kick up the coight and that was at Carlton.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    The Pies would rather play Jesse White ahead of him, I reckon he's cooked. Big no for me
    Jesse White is the worst league footballer I have ever seen and I saw every game we played from 1978-1982 and we had some howlers play for us over that period. I was ashamed when White took a mark and kicked a goal on Friday night.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

9. Likes Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't give them Jong just for Cloke we would want more

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Jesse White is the worst league footballer I have ever seen and I saw every game we played from 1978-1982 and we had some howlers play for us over that period. I was ashamed when White took a mark and kicked a goal on Friday night.
    I agree he is terrible , slow and only gets the ball if it's pin pointed at him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    With Redpath (essentially) out for the year, I don't think it would be responsible list management for us to go into such an important year with Boyd as our sole key forward, when we have so much depth elsewhere.

If we identify an experienced, AFL quality key forward who won't cost the earth, Cloke will be near the top of the list.

If he only costs us $250,000, and Collingwood would trade him for Jong (who they are hot for and just starred against them) and draft picks (say swap 2nd and/or 3rd round picks), I think we'd be sorely tempted.
    The issue facing Collingwood is they need to find draft points for possible two father/sons and they only have pick 30 or so. If it's a Jong trade then they might have to put up another player. Witts name has been thrown around as trade bait or bringing in Geelong for Vardy if we are as interested as media is making out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Ben Harrison?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    If we have everyone fit and firing he may be surplus to our needs, however it's a long season and players may get injured and/or go through prolonged form slumps. It also depends on the type of role we see him playing.

For me, best case scenario is he gets a bit fitter, moves a bit better and leads at the ball carrier, doing his best work from 40m out to the wings. Worst case, he doesn't play much AFL but provides coverage and is a good lead up target for our young VFL blokes to learn to kick at.

If the numbers being touted are correct, $250k doesn't seem like an unreasonable insurance policy.

Post Thanks / Like

Not against getting Cloke. If Bevo thinks he will add something to the team then thats good enough for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo goes way back with Cloke doesn't he, as an assistant coach at Collingwood a few years back. I imagine he'd know him and his game pretty well to judge better than most if he's worth getting.