Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Harbrow_hero Guest

Re: Most Important Player in 2008

If we want to improve then Hudson.Our ruckmen were hopeless tghis year

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wimberga View Post
    Borgy, who could you see replacing Harris on the big full forwards? Morris?
    He has done the job in the past even without Williams in support. Like i said, if it were for a short time it wouldnt be a major problem but if it was for the season then we would be in some strife.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to agree with those who said Cooney. A number 1 draft pick that has shown he's capable of blistering performances. If he can do that on a consistent basis it will lift and improve the whole team.

I would be disappointed if our most important players were still the likes of West and Johnno. These guys are heading towards the end of their careers and if the club is to really move into being regular finals contenders we need these younger players to cement their importance alongside the veterans. 2008 will be Cooney's fifth season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by borgy View Post
    I think if Harris were out for 4 or so weeks we could cope. He missed the first 2 games of last season when we played Geelong who have a very potent forwardline that included Chapman, Ablett x 2, Mooney, Ottens.

If he were to be out for the whole season though i would be very concerned but although he is a great asset to have we could..well not replace him but cover for him for the time being for that short period of time.
    I've been thinking the same thing Borgy

And so on that basis Johnson is the man - we are just so reliant on him to kick goals

Post Thanks / Like

Cooney probably has the most potential to influence our season, but i think the loss of Harris, Hudson or Cross would hurt us significantly more than losing Cooney.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by borgy View Post
    I think if Harris were out for 4 or so weeks we could cope. He missed the first 2 games of last season when we played Geelong who have a very potent forwardline that included Chapman, Ablett x 2, Mooney, Ottens.

If he were to be out for the whole season though i would be very concerned but although he is a great asset to have we could..well not replace him but cover for him for the time being for that short period of time.
    I don't rate N.Ablett yet. Mooney and Ottens didn't have the belief and fitness they had later in the year and G.Ablett was a midfielder. Then there were the duds like Playfair and Gardiner (i know one of them played). Then Adelaide's forwardline carved us up before Harris returned to keep Gehrig quiet for the first time in many games against us.

Bulldog1954 Guest

Hudson, having a good first ruck who is very good at the contested ball will make a huge difference. To be a team that challenges though players like Cooney and Griff need to become the star there capable of and Murphy and Hahn need to return to pre-knee sort of form. Continued development of Williams and Everitt could also make a huge difference

Post Thanks / Like

Johnno and Harris equally as important at their respective ends.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Cooney really needs to step up

Show everyone he is worth that #1 Draft Pick we used...something he has not done as of yet, but ive seen those little signs he should be able to become a good player.

Post Thanks / Like

Johnson very important to the team I would place him as my MIP. Closely followed by Cross & Cooney. I hate it when any one of them is out of the team for a prolonged time.