Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  50
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lin Jong Tours Collingwood's Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    While I should re-iterate that I don't want us to get Cloke.....

I don't think that it is realistic to think of Jong as being worth MORE than Cloke.
    I very much doubt that the open market values Jong as even being worth as much as Cloke.

If we are to do this trade, taking my own feelings about it out of the picture, objectively - if we got Cloke for Jong, and Collingwood pay the salary difference, then at face value, its a very reasonable trade.
    This is most sensible. We are taking a risk that Cloke's drop off is due to Buckley and we can turn his confidence and game around. But Collingwood are taking a risk that the little teaser that Jong throws out a few times a year can be transformed into a decent footballer. Neither are dead certs from happening. So I can see an argument objectively that says they're both around the mark,
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Jongs got next nothing in value. He's out of contract so who ever offers him a decent contract will be able to pick him up in the PSD.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Yeah, Jongs got next nothing in value. He's out of contract so who ever offers him a decent contract will be able to pick him up in the PSD.
    It's not really an avenue that is used that much. It's a threat but usually sanity prevails and a trade is worked out. Jong won't go into the PSD.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Jong is worth about a pick in the early 30's, with the possibility of getting a slightly higher one should we find the right buyer. For all his faults he is a goalkicking mid that has unique athletic attributes and has been a regular in a top 8 side for 2 years now.

Cloke I'm not sure is worth anything. Mediocre form at best for the last few years, a too big contract and struggled to get a game at a bottom 8 club that picked Jesse White and a lanky American ahead of him. I'd imagine we could snag him for a pick around 40+.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

5. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Likes always right liked this post