Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  50
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lin Jong Tours Collingwood's Facilities

I certainly can't see him going to Freo as he has already departed from the Eagles. I really don't like the idea of losing both Jong and Stevens even with Dunkley likely to step up next year.
    bulldogs are forever not just when they are winning

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I highly doubt Stevens would strongly consider moving to a third club at the age of 25 - only 60-odd games into his career.

Confident he and the club will work out a deal. Koby has played plenty of senior footy with us and appears to be popular amongst the playing group. Not concerned about this one.
    I guess it would depend on what the terms were.

I would think for us it would be a 2 yr deal at $350k per season... For a team with a battling midfield (Ess or GC) he might get 3 to 4 at $450k.

He is very much a borderline best 22 player so wouldn't hate him leaving if we could improve our draft position.

Post Thanks / Like

Make an example of Jongy! The walk of shame....
    Butt naked all the way to Footscray station.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Make an example of Jongy! The walk of shame....
    Butt naked all the way to Footscray station.
    Is that you High Sparrow
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Is that you High Sparrow
    That be Master Beveridge. Scourge of the filthy black and white wildlings...
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

6. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

More info on 10 news in a few minutes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    More info on 10 news in a few minutes
    Sorry not in a few minutes in the sports section about 5.40pm

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry not in a few minutes in the sports section about 5.40pm
    ????

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    ????
    It was on more last night I think about Lin Jong. Haven't watched 10 sport tonight.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    ????
    Just had Buckley on saying he met Jong. Said he would do the same thing again. Said he understood if Bevo not happy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Funny how the younger generation don't worry if Jong is openly touring facilities and the older generation see an issue. Mick Malthouse maybe passed it as a coach, but he managed thousands of young men and knows what he is talking about. Similarly Robert Walls came out with the same opinion today.

My issue is where does it stop? If ten players were out of contract and they were all seen touring other facilities, when it is only 8 weeks to finals, what would woofers think then?

I know that any company that I worked at in the past, if the boss knew I was leaving to a competitor, then the corporate policy was see you later.
    I'm not that young and don't have an issue with Jong plying his trade elsewhere and touring another club's facilities. It is a business and players need to determine if for themselves if the suitor is a potential fit.

Post Thanks / Like

There might be a particular issue with Jong (and perhaps one or two more) - they feel they are taken for granted. One year deals, relatively modest income. Mark my words, this is the start of a few potential defections by players whose loyalty is assumed as a given.

Strong list problem.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    There might be a particular issue with Jong (and perhaps one or two more) - they feel they are taken for granted. One year deals, relatively modest income. Mark my words, this is the start of a few potential defections by players whose loyalty is assumed as a given.

Strong list problem.
    Bomber Thompson said at Geelong most players took payments under what they were worth as they wanted to stay together and win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post

Strong list problem.
    I don't see it as something to ignore, though it's not something I'd be too worried about. A player like Jong certainly isn't material to our future success, and attributes aside, his overall quality rating is easily enough attained elsewhere.

Stevens is more of a concern, but if we have to lose a Jong to keep a Stevens then so be it. We're not here to keep the band together, we're here to win a Flag.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Bomber Thompson said at Geelong most players took payments under what they were worth as they wanted to stay together and win premierships
    This is already happening with us. Hunter is our most recent player with a profile to sign for a fair bit less than what he's worth in the open.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.