Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will Eade get sacked in 2008?

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    An important injury too was that of Daniel Cross.
    True, but IMHO injuries alone don't explain those last 7 games.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Why is it always the coaches fault? Surely the burden should be solely on the playing group that play on the weekend. Theres only so much a coach can do and thens its up to the players to adapt. I think coaches are unfairly scrutinised by the media and they have alot to say about about weather coaches stay or go. Pagan is a prime example of this, and the way the media force him out.

Also just on Griffen. He was having a near perfect pre season it seemed until the last 3 or 4 weeks. What happened to him?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    I agree with everything else you said but I dont think the results over the last 7 weeks is just down on the players. The coach wasnt anywhere near the top of his game either.
    Tend to agree but the players were really bad in hte end there. Eade played a lot of young guys in those last 7 weeks. It almost seemed like we had given up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by borgy View Post
    Why is it always the coaches fault? Surely the burden should be solely on the playing group that play on the weekend. Theres only so much a coach can do and thens its up to the players to adapt. I think coaches are unfairly scrutinised by the media and they have alot to say about about weather coaches stay or go. Pagan is a prime example of this, and the way the media force him out.

Also just on Griffen. He was having a near perfect pre season it seemed until the last 3 or 4 weeks. What happened to him?
    A lot of it is about the coaches relationship with the media.

If the coach makes the reporters job easy by giving them interviews or a decent quote now and again, the media will go easy on him (Sheedy, Wallace, Daniher), if the coach is a miserable prick who gives them nothing, the media will go after him first chance they get (hello Denis Pagan).

Eade is a superstar who I hope stays for another decade (of course the only way a coach can last that long is if they win a couple of premierships )

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post

Eade is a superstar
    Dunno whether our president, Cam Rose or the departed coaching staff would have that view.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Dunno whether our president, Cam Rose or the departed coaching staff would have that view.
    or Dry Rot, by the look of things.
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aker39 View Post
    or Dry Rot, by the look of things.
    Dry Rot has been a massive Eade supporter up until now

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Cam Rose now has another administrator to circuit break. As long as the team performs on the field, Cam only needs to take care of the off field side of things.

As for the departed coaches they're probably too busy counting their extra money or being glad they got out while it was still their choice. Not saying we didn't lose some good people but sometimes change can be good too.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    I agree with everything else you said but I dont think the results over the last 7 weeks is just down on the players. The coach wasnt anywhere near the top of his game either.
    Yes, sorry, ultimately is probably not the right word. I'm just trying to say that we can't shift all the blame onto Eade, because the players no doubt played a big part in losing those games aswell, they just all looked as though they had been shot in the leg after half time, their fitness wasn't up to scratch and so their skills and hunger followed.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    Dry Rot has been a massive Eade supporter up until now
    After the post season stuff, you could say in stockbroker's terms I've gone from a strong buy to a hold, not a sell. The thread title asks "Will" not "should".

I like Eade and I hope for a variety of obvious reasons that we make top 6 next season. But I think it's also valid to wonder what target the club has in mind after the last 7 games and the post season stuff.

rgcarter@net-tech.co Guest

I like the summary and would like to include two points.
    a. Our centre bounce power was at best insipid as the opposition regularly and consistently took the ball away and put a great deal of pressure on a young and to a degree average backline.
    b. Our game plan was well understood by the opposition and we suffered at the rebound that other teams put up coupled with opposition backlines isolating our few goal kickers.
    A drop in confidence caused slower movement fwd and then a shut down of small fwds happened.
    cheers