Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bankers And Anchors - Round 17 2016 vs Gold Coast Suns

Quote Originally Posted by marcov View Post
    Completely untrue. There was a Billy Picken, followed by 'why do I always call him Billy'
    I'm not sure what you mean by "completely untrue."
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Completely untrue. There was a Billy Picken, followed by 'why do I always call him Billy'
    Lynch called him Marcus. But at least he realised and explained why he does it (former teammates).
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Lynch called him Marcus. But at least he realised and explained why he does it (former teammates).
    And there was a Jessie Stringer (first or second quarter call). I can forgive the Daniels to be honest in the heat of a call. And they did make reference using those words to Tom Boyd as the highest paid player in the competition (with the obvious dog whistle context) and they did fall into the maintain the status quo trap of not sufficiently acknowledging us as one of the best teams in the competition.

Post Thanks / Like

As an example of my dissatisfaction with the ABC call, I tender their explanation late in the last quarter, when we were engaging in the tactic of icing the game (and a tactic more easily said than executed), of why we are the highest uncontested possession side in the League (that's what they said, I haven't checked the stats). According to the ABC last night, and there was a somewhat derisive tone to it from at least one of their commentators, it is because we spend a lot of time passing the ball backwards and chipping it around the backline. I don't think that is a reasonable assessment of why we are so far in front with the uncontested possessions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by "completely untrue."
    Boyd being the highest paid player in the comp. Buddy is on more.

Post Thanks / Like

Boyd being the highest paid player in the comp. Buddy is on more.
    Cool. Buddy did not come immediately to my mind (a bit obtuse of me) but I instinctively thought that despite all the hoo-haa, Boyd is probably not the highest paid player.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    Cool. Buddy did not come immediately to my mind (a bit obtuse of me) but I instinctively thought that despite all the hoo-haa, Boyd is probably not the highest paid player.
    Yes and others no doubt!

8. Likes F'scary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

BANKERS

Stevens - I am glad to see him get a bit of form back. He just needs to play well against the good teams now.

Clay Smith - I absolutely love this guy. We all know he's a raging bull but I love seeing him doing again. He is actually playing better than he was before his knee reco's IMO.

Tom Boyd - he started slowly but picked up the pace in the second half. I am still a bit unsure of him playing 2nd ruck but at least it gets him involved in the match. Hopefully he can really kick start a good patch of footy from here.

ANCHORS

lack luster 2nd half - we were primed for a big percentage boost but managed to let it slip. We out played them easily but decision making and simple skill errors let us down. I'm still happy with the win though of course.

Roberts - playing 5 - 10 meters off Lynch. He's one of the best forwards going around, stand next to him ffs. When he was close to him he was able to spoil him.

Stringer - another game where he struggled to get into the it. His consistency can be frustrating. When he does find the ball he normally uses it well. Also his shoulder injury. Let's hope he pulls up alright.