Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  28
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Thread: Jack Redpath

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jack Redpath

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    He would be at a Shane Loveless level of amazing at local level. Pinhead kicked thousands of goals as a hired gun to various country teams in the '80s and '90s after his time with Footscray. As an aside Shane Loveless wasted more natural football ability than any other player I can recall.

It would be a pretty simple coaching directive in local footy, long bombs to Redder!
    Are there any videos of Shane Loveless playing? I remember one season at Whitten Oval where he took more one-handed marks at full forward than I’ve seen before or since.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Try YouTube I reckon. His whole career can be condensed down to the second half of 1980. In rounds 12 and 13 he kicks 8 and 7 and a few weeks later kicked 8 against Hawthorn.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

3. Thanks SquirrelGrip thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Try YouTube I reckon. His whole career can be condensed down to the second half of 1980. In rounds 12 and 13 he kicks 8 and 7 and a few weeks later kicked 8 against Hawthorn.
    Yes, they are the weeks I remember. KT was slaying it at centre half forward and Loveless was incredible closer to goal. I’ve tried on YouTube but no luck. And to think we nearly won the spoon that year as well! In the last round, St Kilda drew with North and Fitzroy kicked 142 as a losing score by 4 points against 2nd places Carlton.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your contribution Big Red, and sadly the body didn’t allow a longer career

Post Thanks / Like

Well done mate legend effort to play as much as you did. Loved the way you went about it. Can you please stay around and teach some goal kicking. Beautiful set shot when going. Best of luck for the future.