Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  28
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Jack Redpath

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jack Redpath

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Somewhere, Trent Cotchin is sitting quietly chuckling to himself.
    And Phil Davis too. A known stager

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I am glad we appealed as we didn't just take it up the cracker like we have in the past. Nobody can stand back and accept something like that. I wonder if we can challenge even further, some how. Perhaps in a law court, as this is ridiculous, it is something that happens a hundred times a game. The number of times JJ copped it this year and no one was reported if that is what they think.

The tribunal, the MRP and the whole AFL have losted it, especially this year. I am just flabbergasted with the events this week.
    I'm thinking it was just the formality of getting the appeal out the way with before we do what we were going to do anyway and appeal to the high court. It all seems a bit bizarre that we took Rob Starry in to run the appeal but it sounded like it was amateur hour in the actual hearing.

I think we are up to something,
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

You can do this: https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/vid...5e9bfe6a5ec339

and get away with it,

do this

No Probs
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

While the Greene incident is an anomaly I suppose, with sufficient grey area -- the truly galling comparison is Wines leaving his feet to elbow an opponent in the head, which players routinely and uncontroversially cop time for, yet was deemed kosher by the MRP.

I'd be fascinated to hear an official explanation.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Essentially the MRP are saying Redpath, instead of pushing Davis on the shoulder, should have either kicked him in the face, or, at the next contest, lined Davis up, waited for him to dispose the ball, then leave the ground and bump into his head with his shoulder.

Speechless. Only in the AFL.

Post Thanks / Like

Redpath has not evenly remotely approached the level of violence that Tip Rat Greene has visited on his opponents this year. Jack gets 2 weeks for responding to contact with an open handed push. Greene kicks an opponent in the face to avoid being tackled fairly and gets off.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    Redpath has not evenly remotely approached the level of violence that Tip Rat Greene has visited on his opponents this year. Jack gets 2 weeks for responding to contact with an open handed push. Greene kicks an opponent in the face to avoid being tackled fairly and gets off.
    Oh its a complete joke. And yet as soon as i heard we were appealing i knew we were wasting our time. No way they were giing to diminish their stance on the issue - irrespective of the impact..and from there it was reasonable to also assume they would not find special grounds to forgo the imposition of the 1 game additional penalty for the unsuccessful appeal.

Post Thanks / Like

With the president now set, Karate training for all our players in the off season and we can take out a few opposition players each week.😬
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Lets call the Redpath and Greene decisions for what they are.......inconsistent, bewildering, bullshit.

Post Thanks / Like

I say we play Redpath this week, and when asked to explain, tell them we were "protecting the space".
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

TBH....I'm more annoyed that Wines only got a fine. Beggars belief that he can hit a bloke high and late....and pretty much get off.

As for Greene, it's staggering how blatantly the MRP manipulated their review to ensure he got off with a fine.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    TBH....I'm more annoyed that Wines got off. Beggars belief that he can hit a bloke high and late....and get off.

Take the punch out and it's close to what Ali Fahour did. Even though Wines didn't punch anyone I imagine the force of his shoulder smashing into the guys face wouldn't be much less.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    You can do this: https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/vid...5e9bfe6a5ec339

and get away with it,

do this

No Probs
    And yet the week prior Chook Lotto deem in their great wisdom to declare this action worthy of a suspension, and rub Mumford out. I just can't see the difference.

The only question more curious than this is where is Gil throughout all this mess? Is he still in hiding post his mates' great fall from grace? #MissingInAction #SleepingAtTheWheel

Post Thanks / Like

We may as well now appeal to the AFL Appeals board. He can't be suspended any further.

On what we've seen the AFL includes the neck in its definition of 'head'.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    We may as well now appeal to the AFL Appeals board. He can't be suspended any further.

On what we've seen the AFL includes the neck in its definition of 'head'.
    Applying a consistent interpretation is all that the average fan asks for. Not the flavour of the month target as we still get.

PS: Anyone remember how we missed Southern in the 1997 finals for they were cracking-down on Wrestling. Last game against the Hawks, Platten and co were going the knuckle and targetting Southern, knowing he was not able to retaliate, due to wrestling in prior rounds. Southern does not engage yet the AFL suspends him for 2 weeks!!!!