Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  28
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Jack Redpath

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jack Redpath

All the best to big Red, shame his three knees recos has ruined his career.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Redders along with Clay Smith was my son's favourite player. Loved the big fella
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Always liked big Red. Thought that we always had a better forward structure with him on the park.
    Appears to have been one of the most popular players to have come through the club in recent times, and in our premiership year when he did his knee, didn’t make it about himself and put the team first.
    Best of luck to him.

4. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My most vivid memory of Jack was the 2014 VFL Grand Final. I was sitting about two rows back between the wing and our half forward when Jack fixed his eyes on a Hawks player gathering the ball. The intent in his eyes was obvious, and I think I involuntarily moved back in the seat anticipating the upcoming contact. Jack tackled to hurt, that's for sure.

Also his tackle on Schoenmakers to earn a shot at goal was another memorable highlight.

Thanks Jack, a true bulldog when it came to effort, and also dedication to rehab.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

6. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Love ya Big Red. The team walked a little taller when you were on the park. And the fans loved your bulldog spirit - especially those bone crunching tackles. One of my fave bulldog memories is you in the ruck shoving it down Stringer’s throat for a stunning passage of play culminating in a goal. All the best and glad to hear in your farewell speech to the fans you will be a bulldog for life.

Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

9. Likes Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They both have quality instagram.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Gave his all for the club and genuinely cared for his teammates. Finished his career part of the leadership group and certainly showed he could play the game. Go well Big Red!
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Buku Khamis liking our players Instagram already.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

13. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

All I can say is "I hate the injury God with a passion." Good luck Jack. And thanks We were a better team with you in it.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

A player who earned the respect of the fans through hard work and effort, a very good kick for goal too, which is somewhat of a niche skill at the Whitten Oval. Teams need blokes like Redpath, we were fortunate he kept at it and worked his way into the leadership group. Something to be proud of.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck to Jack, he did well to overcome a lot of obstacles.

Certainly proved he was capable at the level.

Had it not been for injury, he had the ability to be one of the better KPFs given his aggression and goal kicking skills.

17. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As much as some people say they hate the players with mongrel from other teams. Everyone loves it if they play for their team. Big red had it. He had it at a level where is was noticed by us and wasn't over exaggerated by opponent fans.... Gutted to see him leave. One guy i really hope is successful after footy.

Post Thanks / Like

Sacrificed himself for the team. His knees were clearly shot at the start of the year, he could barely change direction, but stumped up and played a couple of games before succumbing to the injury. Says a lot about his dedication to the team and his team mates.

Well done, Jack.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Sacrificed himself for the team. His knees were clearly shot at the start of the year, he could barely change direction, but stumped up and played a couple of games before succumbing to the injury. Says a lot about his dedication to the team and his team mates.

Well done, Jack.
    Yet some brainiac rewarded him with a 2yr contract prior to the season beginning.

Nothing against Red who I hope enjoys the next phase of his life, but some of the list mgt. made under the previous regime were an unmitigated *!*!*!*!-up!

21. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post