Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  28
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Jack Redpath

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jack Redpath

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Yet some brainiac rewarded him with a 2yr contract prior to the season beginning.

Nothing against Red who I hope enjoys the next phase of his life, but some of the list mgt. made under the previous regime were an unmitigated *!*!*!*!-up!
    Maybe it was to make him try one more time . He always got one year contracts and they took the gamble if he came good it would have been seen as a great get.
    Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
    Top bloke as evident by his leadership group upgrade, I wonder if we will keep him on in some capacity ?
    Make him the harden up coach.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Maybe it was to make him try one more time . He always got one year contracts and they took the gamble if he came good it would have been seen as a great get.
    That's a ludicrus strategy if true.

Thank *!*!*!*! McCartney is someone else's problem.

3. Likes bulldogtragic, Twodogs, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Top bloke as evident by his leadership group upgrade, I wonder if we will keep him on in some capacity ?
    Make him the harden up coach.
    Carlton reportedly offered him two years on better money and we matched it out of fear of missing out presumably. That's why he got two years, he would've been Carlton's problem. I'm a 100% with Mantis. We threw two year deals around like they were of no consequence. Redpath blew up, Campbell has barely played for two years, Roberts has barely played for two years, and so on. Just on those guys, that's 6 contract years, 6 years wages and a handful of games return. That's a disgusting return on investment. The best case is Campbell and Roberts find a new home, since they won't be selected, and we don't repeat this mistake again.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

5. Likes Insufficient Intent, Sedat, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That isn't a hindsight situation. It was a rubbish contact at the time and ended up a rubbish contract.

Post Thanks / Like

Campbell I agree on but we weren’t to see Roberts go backwards and we know if Redpaths knee came good he would have been a huge asset.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Campbell I agree on but we weren’t to see Roberts go backwards and we know if Redpaths knee came good he would have been a huge asset.
    Yeah I agree.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Yeah I agree.
    Pretty obvious Fletch was always going to be depth at best, and hoping Redpath's knee came good...if that's what we were banking on when giving him multiple years, let's just say it was optimistic at best.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Pretty obvious Fletch was always going to be depth at best, and hoping Redpath's knee came good...if that's what we were banking on when giving him multiple years, let's just say it was optimistic at best.
    Agree. Lower the risk in both cases with one year deals and if they have better offers elsewhere then we've got to accept that.

Post Thanks / Like

Really glad he got the opportunity this year to captain the side in the game played on the rectangle field (already forgotten the name of it...oh yeh, AFLX or was it Y..or maybe even Z)
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smads57 View Post
    Really glad he got the opportunity this year to captain the side in the game played on the rectangle field (already forgotten the name of it...oh yeh, AFLX or was it Y..or maybe even Z)
    Z is the most appropriate.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much Jack for some wonderful memories over the years, pity you only got to play so few games in the red white and blue. Always a favourite. Good luck with your future which seems all set to go!!

Post Thanks / Like

He couldn't turn around last year. His knee may have held up with some luck but that turning circle was never going to improve

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently Hoppers crossing are talking to Redpath, the idea is just plonk him in the goal square.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently Hoppers crossing are talking to Redpath, the idea is just plonk him in the goal square.
    Id suspect he'd be an amazing footballer at that level

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Jack Redpath

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    Id suspect he'd be an amazing footballer at that level

He would be at a Shane Loveless level of amazing at local level. Pinhead kicked thousands of goals as a hired gun to various country teams in the '80s and '90s after his time with Footscray. As an aside Shane Loveless wasted more natural football ability than any other player I can recall.

It would be a pretty simple coaching directive in local footy, long bombs to Redder!
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

18. Likes Bulldog Revolution liked this post