Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  28
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Jack Redpath

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jack Redpath

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    He is no longer a good kick for goal
    Yeah, he's caught the bug that has been at our club for that last few years.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    I don't think Redpath is the problem. Takes a lot of marks and generally a good kick for goal. He's borderline 22, but it's our "good" players letting us down. Wallis, Libba, Picken, Stringer
    Your dead right. He's no Kennedy that's for certain but he does an okay job with the way our forward line functions right now. We are a disorganised bunch up forward and there are a few who are more guilty of being terribly out of form than Red. Redpath's form is neither good or bad from what I've ever seen from him. It's on par with probably his averages. The question is is whether he is the full forward to take us forward?

Opposition sides will always congest the 50 (as we do too) but good forward lines create space when there isn't any. Do we have players smart enough to get the forward line working? We have/had Wood, Murphy, Morris and Moyd keeping out defenders organised and disciplined but our forwards seem to be rudderless. Is Red the General to control and direct our forwards? Redpath hasn't shown he has the leadership qualities to be that man IMO. I was hoping Cloke would be able to organise our forwards better but he seems to be trying to just stay in our best 22 himself.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Your dead right. He's no Kennedy that's for certain but he does an okay job with the way our forward line functions right now. We are a disorganised bunch up forward and there are a few who are more guilty of being terribly out of form than Red. Redpath's form is neither good or bad from what I've ever seen from him. It's on par with probably his averages. The question is is whether he is the full forward to take us forward?

Opposition sides will always congest the 50 (as we do too) but good forward lines create space when there isn't any. Do we have players smart enough to get the forward line working? We have/had Wood, Murphy, Morris and Moyd keeping out defenders organised and disciplined but our forwards seem to be rudderless. Is Red the General to control and direct our forwards? Redpath hasn't shown he has the leadership qualities to be that man IMO. I was hoping Cloke would be able to organise our forwards better but he seems to be trying to just stay in our best 22 himself.
    It's a good point about an inexperienced forward line. We saw what trouble a relatively inexperienced backline had, at the ground you could see how easy it was for the GWS forwards to seperate our defenders and create plenty of space to run into.

Would it be worth throwing Murphy forward to do the job? Gee we need JJback.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

According to Stevo Carlton into Red

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    According to Stevo Carlton into Red
    Someone posted last week that Richmond have also offered him 2 years. BAD said today we've offered him 1 (+ 1 if targets met).

Seems he's a popular boy. But i doubt he's worth much at all on the open market if he wants to leave.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

If I were him, 2 years security after his knees? Take it and run.

For us, we need to develop a better option long term.

Post Thanks / Like

Heard a decent rumour that Norf are into Stringer in a very big way.......

Would mean keeping Red for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post

So what. Unless we're willing to rip up his contarct it doesn't matter how much they're into him.

9. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post

Not a popular opinion, but if they took Stringer giving us picks & cash to lure Kelly to the club I'd say yes.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Not a popular opinion, but if they took Stringer giving us picks & cash to lure Kelly to the club I'd say yes.
    In a heartbeat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post

I'm coming around to the idea too. Not that I am overly keen to get Stringer out of the place (the prospect of him playing for another club terrifies me TBH) but the prospect of a Bont/Kelly double act in the middle is exciting enough for me to come to terms with my anxiety.

I wonder how long it will be before the rumours start appearing in the paper?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure how we would get Kelly if he doesn't go to North.

Personally i'd never give Stringer up. He's still young and has had to go through a lot personally
    the last couple of years. He's an integral part of the team and if you start trading those types away then you
    are really left with no soul. We won the premiership last year largely because of the group as a whole's ability to
    galvanise together. We all talked about the "we all love each other" factor, well there are certain people you just can't trade out
    for more than football reasons and I think Jake is one of those.
    Besides we have so few players with X factor about them, and with these guys you just have to take the good with the bad sometimes.

14. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Redpath just copped 2 weeks. Maybe he played his last game with the dogs Friday night.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Redpath just copped 2 weeks. Maybe he played his last game with the dogs Friday night.
    If we make finals, I doubt he plays.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Striking Phil Davis?

Doing the lord's work IMO.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

18. Likes ratsmac liked this post