Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  11
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Home Games at Etihad: Our bugbear

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Article in the Hun suggests if we get a home final that Bevo is asking for it to be at the G. Makes sense although I'm sure it's already fait accompli.
    I would rather take an Etihad home final and have an advantage. It would be nice to win a final and then we can play the G. I get we have to learn to play the G, but lets win a final.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I would rather take an Etihad home final and have an advantage. It would be nice to win a final and then we can play the G. I get we have to learn to play the G, but lets win a final.
    Agreed. Imagine Dogs v West Coast at Etihad packed with 40k+ Dogs fans.. atmosphere would be amazing.

Post Thanks / Like

Eagles are a much better team at Etihad than at the MCG.
    Footscray member since 1980.

5. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We need to play more games at the G, otherwise our game plan is restricted by playing too many games at Etihad. I would happy to see both Cairns and the Ballarat experiment scrapped in place of more games at the G. Home games at the G against top clubs like Hawthorn and the Sydney Swans, would help create a more dynamic mindset among the players and the club as a whole.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    We need to play more games at the G, otherwise our game plan is restricted by playing too many games at Etihad. I would happy to see both Cairns and the Ballarat experiment scrapped in place of more games at the G. Home games at the G against top clubs like Hawthorn and the Sydney Swans, would help create a more dynamic mindset among the players and the club as a whole.
    Sounds good to me as well NBP. While Etihad is our home ground we definitely should play a bit more as a Victorian club at the MCG which will give us more experience than we have on that deck. I can certainly understand why last year we were pushing for a home final at Etihad as that is mostly where we play our home games so made sense but then again 60,000 odd came to the elimination final at the G and despite the dissapointing result we played well
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    Agree NBP, however, for the first final, where would you rather play?

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Sounds good to me as well NBP. While Etihad is our home ground we definitely should play a bit more as a Victorian club at the MCG which will give us more experience than we have on that deck. I can certainly understand why last year we were pushing for a home final at Etihad as that is mostly where we play our home games so made sense but then again 60,000 odd came to the elimination final at the G and despite the dissapointing result we played well
    If we played at Etihad, would we have won? Would you take a win, but only 54,000 can watch? I would rather take the win.

Post Thanks / Like

If we played at Etihad, would we have won? Would you take a win, but only 54,000 can watch? I would rather take the win.
    BAD, I do not think it was the G that beat us against Adelaide. It was a match in which we could have won/ should have won.
    We lost because of poor kicking for goal and the inability to pick up Eddie Betts who kicked 5 goals due to loose defence. Apart from these factors we did manage the MCG very well.

11. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not necessarily. The Crows do ok at Etihad.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Not even 31,000 at the game last night.

Clearly North supporters don't go to away games.

Disappointing crowd for mine.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Not even 31,000 at the game last night.

Clearly North supporters don't go to away games.

Disappointing crowd for mine.
    Ditto Bulldog supporters. We should have had more there. Virtually half the row I sit on and in front of me, was empty. Usually occupied by reserve seat holders.

Post Thanks / Like

The level of entitlement is quite staggering:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...11-gqq1si.html

We don't just want to make an unreasonable amount of profit from our home games compared to less fortunate Victorian clubs, we think it's only fitting that we have an extremely easy run home to ensure we are prominent in September.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

We don't just want to make an unreasonable amount of profit from our home games compared to less fortunate Victorian clubs, we think it's only fitting that we have an extremely easy run home to ensure we are prominent in September.
    I hate that club.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

Get Stuffed!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Idiots. wait until we smash them in finals again and again and again Ad Nauseum.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.