Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  47
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Game Day Round 18 2016 - Western Bulldogs V St. Kilda

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Just gutted right now. Sick of being on the wrong end of injuries sure we get some back but lost 2 more vital players in the process. Just defeated as a supporter. I've got very little left in the tank.
    We've been answering the challenge all season. It's tough but we can bounce back.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

2. Thanks Webby thanked for this post
    Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    I didn't pick up Morris injured at the ground but saw Roughead play back for the second half. When did Dale go off?
    I think it was early third quarter, and nobody commentating had any real idea why.

The Age reported it was a back injury.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

4. Thanks lemmon thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A disaster lasts only as long as it takes to bounce back. Let's hope we dig deep and finish off the season strongly. We have been cruelled by injury this year and have backed up extremely well. We have to keep on doing it although this is getting beyond ridiculous.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

6. Thanks Webby thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

LB: It's devastating. Mitch has broken both bones in his leg. Jack (Redpath) has also done his ACL. There's a lot of emotion in the rooms.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    LB: It's devastating. Mitch has broken both bones in his leg. Jack (Redpath) has also done his ACL. There's a lot of emotion in the rooms.
    There needs to a FFS this is cruel and unusual punishment button. Jack should be happy he's inked his one year extension and has the time to get it right.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Reckon Hunter was awful - no point getting a heap of ball when your decision making is constantly sub-standard. Opposition coaches most likely structure up to allow Hunter to pick up uncontested possessions. Stevens is the other one who is fantastic at winning the ball but then makes too many poor decisions with ball in hand.

Bont is a special player, as is Macrae. These two have an amazing work ethic to run both ways and impact inside and outside the contest. They didn't have many mates tonight.

Boyd was decent around the ground and in the ruck. Suckers played like a millionaire.

3 soldiers in and 3 out, possibly 4. Let's see how the depth players can impact at senior level. Redders to be replaced by a small (Dahl if ready or Bailey Dale), Wally by a Webb type or Stringer if ready, Morris by a Brad Lynch type (or Hamling), Roughy with Minno. Still a highly competitive team.

We were awful tonight (notwithstanding injuries) but 12-5 is a season of merit thus far - keen to see how we respond for the remainder of the season.

Post Thanks / Like

LB: We hope Dale Morris will be ok. He didn't do anything major to his hamstring but we made a conservative decision to pull him out.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

11. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

All players crying in the rooms as Wallis was screaming in pain uncontrollably apparently... This is a massive set back for our club.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytee View Post
    All players crying in the rooms as Wallis was screaming in pain uncontrollably apparently... This is a massive set back for our club.
    Breaks my heart - no words

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytee View Post
    TV showed the ambos taking him away before the end of the game. I think, hope, he was on the pain relief and at hospital before the game concluded.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Couldn't go to the game, had to go out to a dinner. Couldn't catch a score even. Get home, rush to get the score and what do I find. Disaster! Wallis, Redpath, Morris injured. Low scoring game and lost by 15 points not scoring in the last. Kind of glad I missed this one.

Get well soon, Wally in particular.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    We've been answering the challenge all season. It's tough but we can bounce back.
    Yep, will be good to see how deep out list can bat. We haven't lost 2 in a row all season which speaks volumes for our ability to rebound quickly from poor performances. Tonight was crap but next week's response is more important.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    A tough night for the Club and an extremely frustrating, deflating experience for the fans. However, what you've highlighted is a real feather in the cap of this current group. Something to hang our hats on, we know for a fact that they'll turn up next weekend and have another crack.

Post Thanks / Like

Gee there are some tough taskmasters on this forum. I'm gutted, I'm sad, I'm frustrated, I'm depressed. But two young men in their 20s are in mental and physical agony tonight, facing months of pain, loneliness, fear and doubt. Their team mates and coaches are feeling their pain, so are we as fans. We didn't play very well. But right now I don't really care about that, I just feel for the way these kids put their bodies and souls out there for us and wish that just once, just ONCE, we'd have a smidgin of luck.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

19. Thanks merantau, Go_Dogs thanked for this post
    Likes GVGjr, SonofScray, Eastdog, dadsgirl16 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Besides Suckling, I was really disappointed by the efforts of Jong and Stevens.

Mantis was right, he is not best 22 and I will admit I was wrong. As for Jong, I can't see him making it. Terrible decision making, terrible execution of the ball. We need someone a lot better than what he dishes up.

Because of the injuries, these guys will get a reprieve.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.