Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  27
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Wishing Mitch Well

I would just like to wish Mitch well on his road to recovery. I didn't see it very well at the match but watching it on the highlights when I got home that looked nasty and no player should have to go through that.

I also liked to wish Jack and Dale well also and all our players who are currently on the injury list well on their road back to playing footy.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

2. Likes cinder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wishing Mitch Well

Yes, all the best for full recoveries and successful returns to the team in 2017.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

4. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

and Redpath, who has worked his guts off to become an AFL player after having two knee recos before starting his AFL career. This is a big blow to him and realistically, probably won't be back till he is 27 years old, so will have to work even harder.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

6. Thanks N/A, josie thanked for this post
    Likes cinder, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck to both lads .

8. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ex-star tells Wallis not to rush recovery

FORMER Richmond and Western Bulldogs star Nathan Brown has cautioned Mitch Wallis, who broke both bones in his leg during the Dogs' loss on Saturday night, to not rush his recovery.

Wallis fractured his tibia and fibula in a sickening moment at Etihad Stadium, where he accidentally kicked his left leg while being tackled by Shane Savage.

Brown broke the same two bones while playing for Richmond in round 10 of the 2005 season.

He returned in round one of the following season but says he "came back too early.

"The only thing I'd say to Mitch Wallis is you're a young kid, you've got a lot of time. Don't try and rush it," Brown told the Nine Network on Sunday.

"Everybody told me not to rush it. I did and I was probably never the same player."

Many of Wallis' teammates were crying in their change rooms on Saturday when the 23-year-old screamed in agony as he was taken to hospital.

Brown backed Wallis to return to his best.

"He's a tough kid. He comes from a good family and I think he'll be right," he said.

But the two-time All Australian added there would be some long and very frustrating nights ahead.

"Hospital is the easy part ... when you get home that's the real hard part," Brown said.

"Because you can't move your leg, you can't put it down anywhere. You can't lift it up.

"So you're in bed for probably the next two weeks. I remember every night for probably two or three weeks, just sweating profusely during the night because of the painkillers.

"You just lay there in a wet bed."

Brown recalled the initial feeling was "unbelievable pain, you think the world is going to end.

"Then it just subsides for a little bit ... and it's almost like shock takes over your body," he said.

Brown, who played 137 of his 219 games with the Bulldogs, planned on contacting Wallis when the time was right.

"He's got bigger thing to worry about (than football) at the moment," he said.

"But if he needs any support or any advice - he's (also) got Jake Stringer, who has done exactly the same thing, and Dale Morris."

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

10. Likes Mofra, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hang in there Mitch. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Take your time!

12. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely gutted for Mitch. Football can be a cruel sport.

Here's hoping the surgery goes well and he tackles his rehab with the diligence we've come to expect from Wally.

Post Thanks / Like

Devastating for Mitch - really horrifying account from Tim Hodges of ABC (who was quite amazing in conveying the scene). Really upsetting. I hope he's in a far better place post surgery today.

Saw a 5 second grab of Redpath speaking to a reporter today, on crutches.

Fantastic attitude. Along the lines of "I've done 2 before - I'll be back. It's a great club, great support - and the boys have got finals to play so I'll be staying 'up' for that."

15. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes cinder, Smads57 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Devastating for Mitch - really horrifying account from Tim Hodges of ABC (who was quite amazing in conveying the scene). Really upsetting. I hope he's in a far better place post surgery today.

Fantastic attitude. Along the lines of "I've done 2 before - I'll be back. It's a great club, great support - and the boys have got finals to play so I'll be staying 'up' for that."
    Love Big Jack's attitude. He has shown me enough this year to convince me he's an AFL footballer. Looking forward to seeing him back. When we get our delivery sorted he and Tom Boyd will be a formidable duo.

17. Likes Max469, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post

Love Big Jack's attitude. He has shown me enough this year to convince me he's an AFL footballer. Looking forward to seeing him back. When we get our delivery sorted he and Tom Boyd will be a formidable duo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    He's also shown why his teammates value him - reportedly a terrific guy, who is all about the team

20. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Get well soon, Mitch. And Big Red.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

22. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

24. Thanks N/A, Go_Dogs thanked for this post
    Likes bulldogsthru&thru, cinder, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Horrible injury - he'll be back.
    After Morris we have experience in dealing with similar breaks. Vossy did both bones too as a youngster and his career turned out more than ok.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Stringer doing the same when he was 16:

27. Likes boydogs liked this post