Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  27
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wishing Mitch Well

I don't really read the Hun, so thanks for this. Such a disappointment for the young bloke and us. Get behind Mitch.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Someone told me that mitch may never fully recover. I hope they are wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

Mitch sounds very positive
    6 weeks on crutches, then 6 weeks in a revolutionary moonboot.
    Walking , then running in the new year

Post Thanks / Like

Injured Western Bulldogs midfielder Mitch Wallis relives ‘horrendous’ broken leg incident on AFL 360

BEFORE injured Western Bulldogs midfielder Mitch Wallis can look forward, he has chosen to look back.

Wallis suffered a graphic broken leg a fortnight ago against St Kilda in an incident that saw teammates weeping uncontrollably in the rooms and the tough 23-year-old screaming in agony.

Speaking for the first time about the incident to AFL 360, Wallis revealed he knew just how bad it was as soon as it occurred.

“I knew how severe it was when I did it, I looked down and my leg was pointing the wrong way,” he said.

While the break was already incredibly unfortunate, it was made worse by the fact that Wallis had to battle without working pain relief for a period before heading into hospital.

“People talk of it as if it was a blur, but it wasn’t really a blur for me,” he said.
    “I had some pain relief but it wasn’t really working. There was so much pain and I was quite vocal.

“Going into the rooms you see your parents and my girlfriend was there as well, you get a little bit of comfort when you see them and they know that you’re OK.

“It’s not the end of the world but just going there, cutting the boot off, cutting the sock off and then cutting the tape was horrendous.”
    But after successfully going under the knife 10 days ago, Wallis says his surgeon is satisfied with his early progress.

“He’s very happy with how the bones are aligned and how they’ve began to knit, which is a good thing,” he explained.

“They’ve put me in this CAT Walker boot which they reckon is revolutionary, which is quite nice although that remains to be seen.

“I’ll go into the club later this week to meet with the rehab staff and get a program together.”
    Wallis is expected to miss a year of footy.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

5. Thanks Ghost Dog, Eastdog, The bulldog tragician thanked for this post
    Likes Remi Moses, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know that I like revolutionary in relation to Mitch Wallis's leg
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

He did an interview this afternoon and talked about his injury. I suppose it will be on the news.

Post Thanks / Like

Mitch will do everything he can to recover and leave no stone unturned in his rehab

Like his father before him he is a respected leader for us

9. Likes Eastdog, bornadog liked this post