Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs hardly done and dusted just yet

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    You're harsh. Wallis was instrumental against the Suns and was one of two best players on the ground. His 3 goals were at critical times I thought and given our apparent dearth of forward attacking options his ability to hit the scoreboard may be missed. I thought he was just coming into some form.
    Wallis was good against the Suns (who were severely depleted), but he has really struggled in 3 of our last 6 games... I expect more from a pretty experienced player and although he cashed in against the Suns I think his spot in the team going forward would've been questioned as we got players back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Wallis was good against the Suns (who were severely depleted), but he has really struggled in 3 of our last 6 games... I expect more from a pretty experienced player and although he cashed in against the Suns I think his spot in the team going forward would've been questioned as we got players back.
    He was down in the Geelong and Richmond game but hey so were 90% of our players. He was excellent against the Swans (inside your last 6 games) and the Suns as noted as well as against Port (also inside your last 6 games). If you're assessing his place in the team over the past 6 matches based on his performances against Geelong and the Tigers then you should be looking at more than half the list.

I don't think he cashed in against the Suns, he played well, some did and some didn't but you need to be good enough when it's your turn and he was.

I don't think Mitch's spot in the team was ever questioned and wouldn't have been moving forward.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    He was down in the Geelong and Richmond game but hey so were 90% of our players. He was excellent against the Swans (inside your last 6 games) and the Suns as noted as well as against Port (also inside your last 6 games). If you're assessing his place in the team over the past 6 matches based on his performances against Geelong and the Tigers then you should be looking at more than half the list.

I don't think he cashed in against the Suns, he played well, some did and some didn't but you need to be good enough when it's your turn and he was.

I don't think Mitch's spot in the team was ever questioned and wouldn't have been moving forward.
    I feel the gap between his good and bad perfomances had been too great over the past 6 weeks... The bad have been terrible, which includes Saturday nights game when he was extremely poor.

And he isn't the lone wolf in having variable form... Not by any shot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I feel the gap between his good and bad perfomances had been too great over the past 6 weeks... The bad have been terrible, which includes Saturday nights game when he was extremely poor.

And he isn't the lone wolf in having variable form... Not by any shot.
    Agreed he needs to close that gap. I realise you could question the performances of a heap of players over the past 6 weeks but you weren't you were discussing Wallis specifically in light of the injury.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

5. Likes Mantis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Riewoldt without a Glove is a disaster. We were always going to struggle without the glove.
    We really should consider Zaine then who is touted as his natural replacement. Has to get a game or two this year.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    They're a strong group, look how they started 2015 after what happened at the end of 2014
    Like what you say boydogs. That was even worse and we got through then so I reckon after that experience will get through it again.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

8. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a feeling we will win this week. Just a hunch.

10. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I have a feeling we will win this week. Just a hunch.
    That isn't out of the question. Something special absolutely could be brewing. Geelong have been very vulnerable at times this year.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

And that prediction was right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    And that prediction was right

That we weren't done and dusted just yet?
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite