Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Easton Wood - 100 Games v Geelong

Absolute top liner. I knew he'd be a good 'un first time I saw him play in the pre-season comp. He had a lot of dash. Has really hit his straps in the second half of his career. Super courageous, tough and skilled, a proven game saver and a match winner too. Congratulations on your first ton; now make the second one just as good, if not better.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Much maligned early but I stood by him. My favourite player and now one of our most important.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Must've been 2009 he played the Cats late in the season and Wood (along with Cal Ward) had an impact. He took a while to build consistency in his game as he never managed to stay on the park for long patches but it's been great seeing him reach his potential. He's now captain of our club, an All Australian and Best and Fairest winner.

Well done Woody!

Post Thanks / Like

In 2009 was that the game he beat Stevie J? Thought that was the breakout game for him until his injury troubles continued.

He literally spent a pre-season a few years ago re-learning how to run to protect his hamstrings. VU sports science boffins made our partnership with them worthwhile now Easton gets an injury-free run at footy and dominates.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    In 2009 was that the game he beat Stevie J? Thought that was the breakout game for him until his injury troubles continued.

He literally spent a pre-season a few years ago re-learning how to run to protect his hamstrings. VU sports science boffins made our partnership with them worthwhile now Easton gets an injury-free run at footy and dominates.
    I remember he had a blistering game against the Pies before getting injured in the third or fourth quarter, can't remember what year. I remember the general perception of his future shifting after that game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I remember he had a blistering game against the Pies before getting injured in the third or fourth quarter, can't remember what year. I remember the general perception of his future shifting after that game.
    Yep - spot on. Against the Pies early-mid 2012 he showed he could play - then injuries killed off a lot of the rest of that year, and nearly all of 2013. 2014 was his first (basically) full year - and he was given the opportunity to get continuity in the senior team. Once he got that continuity in '14 - he started to make better decisions about when to fly and when not to (he was a shocker for fly when he shouldn't have previously) and has become Dale Morris like with his ability to read the footy now (plus athleticism).

He's a beauty.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Yep - spot on. Against the Pies early-mid 2012 he showed he could play - then injuries killed off a lot of the rest of that year, and nearly all of 2013. 2014 was his first (basically) full year - and he was given the opportunity to get continuity in the senior team. Once he got that continuity in '14 - he started to make better decisions about when to fly and when not to (he was a shocker for fly when he shouldn't have previously) and has become Dale Morris like with his ability to read the footy now (plus athleticism).

He's a beauty.
    Thanks Ozza, I knew I wasn't going mad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Yep, that's the one. I remember leaving the ground that night thinking we'd picked an absolute beauty, didn't realise we just had to wait another 4/5 years for him to delivery it consistently.

Also recall that Collingwood game EW and Ozza have mentioned, he was on fire early that night.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Yep, that's the one. I remember leaving the ground that night thinking we'd picked an absolute beauty, didn't realise we just had to wait another 4/5 years for him to delivery it consistently.
    Sam Reid, Jason Tutt, Brennan Stack & Andrejs Everitt had breakout games too, but didn't go on with it as was expected

Plenty had lost faith in Easton well before he got a good run at it
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

After Easton started seeing a sports psych it all began to come together for him. Link here
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    After Easton started seeing a sports psych it all began to come together for him. Link here
    Old article previously discussed on the forum some 9 months ago.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Old article previously discussed on the forum some 9 months ago.
    Some people may not have read it. Are you a moderator? I'll repost articles if I think they are appropriate. There are new people joining the forum all the time.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus