Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A question for anyone who's watched North in the last few weeks...

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    That can only be a good thing. Can we keep Brown and Petrie contained?
    Brown's in form, Petrie has played 1 good game in the past 2 months. He's cooked.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Brown's in form, Petrie has played 1 good game in the past 2 months. He's cooked.
    Usually plays ok against us, unfortunately.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

St kilda beat us, North beat St Kilda, we beat North.
    Footscray Football Republic.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Wells needs a minder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    From the President down this sneering mob shit me to actual tears.

They're evidently flagging and despite our outs we should - and need to - be able to account for them as perhaps our last genuine tune up for September heat. But Petrie's one of those types - a la Riewoldt - who seems to relish playing us and is just as likely to revel in no natural opponent for him and grab/kick everything in sight.

I'd rather not contemplate how it'll feel if they knock us over again.
    Cocky bastards were all over SEN this morning. They are the Gollum's of the AFL world. Such a butter and twisted mob. I'd love to see them keel over and die. Absolutely despise their supporter base, their champions and club culture.

6. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Cocky bastards were all over SEN this morning. They are the Gollum's of the AFL world. Such a butter and twisted mob. I'd love to see them keel over and die. Absolutely despise their supporter base, their champions and club culture.
    Butter and twisted? Mmmm, delicious.....

8. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    Butter and twisted? Mmmm, delicious.....
    At first I thought he was typing with a New Zealand accent.

Post Thanks / Like

I love the optimism we bring against a clash to a side that's perennially underrated by this board, especially given how completely out coached and out played we were last time we played Norf.

Sure, last time we were knocked around by injury compared to them. This time around we're probably more knocked around by injury than we were last time compared to them as they are now so that's hardly likely to make a difference (Waite aside).

We're in for a very very tough game this week. As much as I don't like Brad Scott, he's an excellent coach and has gotten two consecutive prelims out of an ordinary list these past two years, and he out coached our coach last time we played them.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Scotts a half decent coach , but north have recruited for now and frankly that doesn't look like happening.
    I'll be interested to see what happens next season as they have one very old list which could plummet of the cliff very quickly .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I love the optimism we bring against a clash to a side that's perennially underrated by this board, especially given how completely out coached and out played we were last time we played Norf.

Sure, last time we were knocked around by injury compared to them. This time around we're probably more knocked around by injury than we were last time compared to them as they are now so that's hardly likely to make a difference (Waite aside).

We're in for a very very tough game this week. As much as I don't like Brad Scott, he's an excellent coach and has gotten two consecutive prelims out of an ordinary list these past two years, and he out coached our coach last time we played them.
    Gotta say though last season they got Richmond who aren't tough enough for finals, and then got a banged up Sydney.
    Bit of a false economy last seasons result

Post Thanks / Like

Unbelievable listening to their obnoxious fan base on KB's show with Pat Smith.
    Hunter feigned injury, with his old man driving him to hospital .
    We're a pack of sooks, and they've got an axe to grind with the Bont after his calling out on the Thomas cheapie.
    Me thinks bit rich coming from a club who claimed the umpires were cheats and all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    I think Scotts a half decent coach , but north have recruited for now and frankly that doesn't look like happening.
    I'll be interested to see what happens next season as they have one very old list which could plummet of the cliff very quickly .
    I liked the bit where he cracked the sads with the umpires at the after match Presser. That was funny.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stefoid View Post
    Yeah, Wells needs a minder
    I agree. I'd sit Picken on him for the first quarter. Wells fades as the games wears on, so tag him while he's fresh and then put The Bont on him head to head. He cut us up the last time we played them and put them in a good position in a tight game.

Post Thanks / Like

It's a local derby as well against North and we are both going to play finals footy so a win against them would be sweet.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    It's a local derby as well against North and we are both going to play finals footy so a win against them would be sweet.
    While it's always good to beat the cow botherers beating them this weekend would be extra sweet.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

18. Likes Eastdog liked this post