Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  80
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Game Day Round 20 2016 - Western Bulldogs V North Melbourne

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Probably the best games they've played (Hamling and Roberts).

Bont is very special, Dunkley maturing well.

Thought Zaine was solid again, competes well.

Satisfying to beat North Flogbourne.
    I will bet that Dunk thought he might get a few games mainly on the forward line with the occasional run through the midfield over the course of his rookie year. He probably didn't think he'd be in the starting four midfield in a season on the line game. He didn't look out of place.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I will bet that Dunk thought he might get a few games mainly on the forward line with the occasional run through the midfield over the course of his rookie year. He probably didn't think he'd be in the starting four midfield in a season on the line game. He didn't look out of place.
    Nope, funny how opportunities always open up.

He will be a pretty imposing player in a few years time, it's just his kicking which is a concern. Seems ok when he has time but under pressure/for goal he struggles.

Promising debut year though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    We've clearly come out with a plan to not tolerate it and they are struggling to respond.

Also, that getting in low for the ball and taking out their legs is possibly the most egregious rule change the game has had. What a joke.
    most shite decision I have seen in years. Free should have gone to Dahlhaus.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

On way home on train. Sat in player sponsors coterie tonight. Copped absolute spud Norf fan(s) sitting behind me tonight. I think I've pointed out before that, more than any other club, Norf really do seem to have a bone fide persecution complex. It's probably what's driven them to punch above their weight over the past 30-40 years, but geez, it's grating!!!

Didn't realise anyone'd noticed, but one Dogs fan sought me out after the game and said "Well done, by the way. You showed great restraint!"

It was nice to see one of us was looking out for my mate and myself!.. Sharing the load!

Satisfying win!

5. Likes Twodogs, merantau, KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    On way home on train. Sat in player sponsors coterie tonight. Copped absolute spud Norf fan(s) sitting behind me tonight. I think I've pointed out before that, more than any other club, Norf really do seem to have a bone fide persecution complex. It's probably what's driven them to punch above their weight over the past 30-40 years, but geez, it's grating!!!

Didn't realise anyone'd noticed, but one Dogs fan sought me out after the game and said "Well done, by the way. You showed great restraint!"

It was nice to see one of us was looking out for my mate and myself!.. Sharing the load!

Satisfying win!
    GA Level 3 Aisle 33. There were no Norf supporters there after half time.

Post Thanks / Like

Is Clay Smith ok? Just realised when I looked at the Footywire stats that he hadn't featured much and I had not noticed him on the ground after the first half.

Post Thanks / Like

Silver reserved section Level 1 Aisle 33. Great atmosphere. The Bulldog chant started up at half time (doesn't usually) as our players and theirs were looking to be getting involved in a bit of scuffle.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    Is Clay Smith ok? Just realised when I looked at the Footywire stats that he hadn't featured much and I had not noticed him on the ground after the first half.
    Possibly concussed. Apparently should be fine for next week so expect him to miss 3

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    Concussion. Got up very wobbly after he was run down from behind after running towards open goal in the first.

Mate said to me "It's okay, it's just his head!"

Not making light of it... Dogs fans know the context!!

Post Thanks / Like

Barrett is a north supporter, let's just soak that in :-) mmmm

12. Thanks Twodogs, Ghost Dog, josie thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, azabob, The Bulldogs Bite, dadsgirl16 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As much as our ball movement and forward setup has frustrated all year long and will continue to do so and probably
    cost us a win in the finals you just cant help but admire the group! To put it simply they have given all their guts and determination and considering all that has happened, you cant ask for much more than that.

14. Likes N/A, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Do you mean when they kicked a goal?

The North supporters drop off in droves when their form drops off. For all I read and hear about how loyal their supporters are they seem flatly fickle to me.
    Yes! Will fix.

For all their self congratulatory rhetoric and Shin Boner dross they'll be close to the brink again if they can't rejuvenate quickly of find a way to squeez some success out of what they currently have.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Had 4 or 5 North blokes sitting in the row in front of us. After giving their players some of my best work, they were no where to be seen after half time.

I claimed that as a personal victory.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

17. Thanks SonofScray thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't hate North as much as others. Their club, through their Hub program has been super generous to me when I was working in teaching AMES.
    They are quite up for giving away tickets and such to new arrivals. Very generous and generally have a good time among their supporters, even wearing my Bulldogs gear.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

19. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I must admit I am surprised at the amount of bile directed at Norf supporters. But I'll have to admit my bias. I was going for them when they beat the Pies in '78 (or '77?). I went to both the draw and the replay. I think I drank 10 cans before half time in the decider. They were both great games - among the most high drama games ever. Same with Richmond. I saw them do over Geelong in '67. And I detest Geelong. So, I have some feeling for North and Richmond but, compared to my feeling for the Dogs, it's like comparing a grain of sand to planet Jupiter. As for other clubs, and especially interstate clubs - how much time have you got? My contempt runs deep!
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."