Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  30
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Marcus Bontempelli left out of coaches’ award votes by North Melbourne KNOB Brad Scott

He's the most petulant person in the afl industry .
    The continual shocked look at every umpiring decision is cringeworthy

2. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Marcus Bontempelli left out of coaches’ award votes by North Melbourne KNOB Brad Scott

If they had REALLY done their homework on Bont they would have known to get on with it. That stuff is usually like an aphrodisiac for competitive beasts like Marcus. I think BAD posted a picture of Bont laughing while Majak and his merry men tried to look tough. Was hilarious.

Port and North. Two teams with big chests and lofty ambitions of grandiose delusions. The score flattered them in the end. They have to knock that stuff off and change the way they play.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

4. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The title says it all, KNOB.

6. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    If they had REALLY done their homework on Bont they would have known to get on with it. That stuff is usually like an aphrodisiac for competitive beasts like Marcus. I think BAD posted a picture of Bont laughing while Majak and his merry men tried to look tough. Was hilarious.

Port and North. Two teams with big chests and lofty ambitions of grandiose delusions. The score flattered them in the end. They have to knock that stuff off and change the way they play.
    Looking at The Bont he seemed to be laughing continously at their faux hard men tactics. Looked like he was having a wow of a time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Looking at The Bont he seemed to be laughing continously at their faux hard men tactics. Looked like he was having a wow of a time.
    The best was not taking a back step and the preparedness for others to fly the flag in a big way, Cordy in game 4 was dishing it out. This was to me a turning point for ours boys, last time the bullied a bunch of kids. This time a bunch kids gave back as good as they got, and with interest. As North refuse to change 'their way' nor rebuild, I look forward to smashing them for at least the next 20 games in a row.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

9. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this is the funniest thing I've read all year. Sensational dummy spit. And at a guess, Scott has probably broken some type of gentlemans agreement in regards to these votes. I wouldn't be surprised if the other coaches will act together to teach him a lesson (when it comes to voting) going forward.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    I think this is the funniest thing I've read all year. Sensational dummy spit. And at a guess, Scott has probably broken some type of gentlemans agreement in regards to these votes. I wouldn't be surprised if the other coaches will act together to teach him a lesson (when it comes to voting) going forward.
    We can only hope. Does Leigh Matthews do Twitter etc?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/vi...-fires-up-rd20

Now we can enjoy Bont getting in Firritos face over and over again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    How else can you really react to these guys who think they're tough cause they give a few jumper punches? Something I never really understood when I played footy myself (why you'd bother that is).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    How else can you really react to these guys who think they're tough cause they give a few jumper punches? Something I never really understood when I played footy myself (why you'd bother that is).
    They are tough, really tough. I remember one day a few years back that our wirey forward was besieged by three of the faux tough men and they showed true courage.

Actually, now I think of it that wirey forward put one faux tough in a vicious headlock, and the eventual pass by of two reluctant players trying to help out, who with poo running down their legs did nothing. The three faux tough men were being easy beaten by one of ours. But faux tough is a kind of tough. Right? I can't remember who our forward was, it might have been Ayce Cordy or Cam Wight. All I know is since then they refuse to take on anyone their own size or strength.
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 09-08-2016 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Typo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    with poo running down their legs did nothing.
    lmfao!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

His brother isn't far behind him....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/vi...-fires-up-rd20

Now we can enjoy Bont getting in Firritos face over and over again.

The kid is just a brute. Runs around doing what he likes. Getting dragged to the ground by three players, might have to handball this one. He's a gem. An absolute gem. The sky's the limit with this kid.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Best handball I've every seen at his age. So enjoyable to watch this young athlete. Maybe not giving him votes is the equivalent of a stunned silence.

What was Firrito doing on the ground for anyway? With those big guns he should be able to stand up properly and go toe to toe with a 20 year old. One would hope.
    Something a bit wrong with the current culture down there. I don't dislike North as much as some, but their antics are a bit comical.Swallows fake stutter over the ball, stalling play with Bont waiting for the ball behind him. Lindsay Thomas' and the reverse self-inflicted coat hanger. Scott Thompson and his jumper punches. It's unnecessary.

I can sort of understand why Scott gets flustered.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    His brother isn't far behind him....
    How good has the legacy of the great Brisbane 2001-2004 teams been? Chris Scott, Brad Scott, Michael Voss, Jason Akermanis, Justin Leppitsch, Simon Black.....

20. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post