Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  7
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Drafting Marcus Bontempelli has proved to be a stroke of genius from the Western Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    The breed them tough in Eltham
    Said no one ever
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Drafting Marcus Bontempelli has proved to be a stroke of genius from the Western Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    I remember sitting on the couch with SlimPickens watching the draft and when we called out Bont's name I said I hope we know what we're doing, this has the smartest man in the room disaster hanging over it. I think it turned out ok!
    Me too.

It seemed like such a reach given he didn't really firm into top 10 calculations until very late.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

I remember sitting on the couch with SlimPickens watching the draft and when we called out Bont's name I said I hope we know what we're doing, this has the smartest man in the room disaster hanging over it. I think it turned out ok!
    Then you saw him play and said 'Thank *!*!*!*! we pulled the trigger'.. I know I did.

Post Thanks / Like

I was having nightmares of another Christian Howard moment.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Who was the dropkick bulldogs supporter in the media who really rubbished this selection?

It seems so long ago now I've legitimately forgotten.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Who was the dropkick bulldogs supporter in the media who really rubbished this selection?

It seems so long ago now I've legitimately forgotten.
    Dan Lonergan.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Hes not much of a supporter.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

I admit I was sceptical. Now I am a true believer

Post Thanks / Like

Stroke of genius is a bloody big understatement.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I thought like just about everyone we should have picked Aish, but this pick was just complete genius .

Post Thanks / Like

What a great player he is. He was instrumental last night in our win. The other amazing thing is he is only 20 years old.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"