Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  108
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Players On The Market 2016

Utility Billie Smedts will head to Carlton as part of the Zac Tuohy deal. Future first round also heading to the Blues.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

There's still a heap of good players yet to be traded, I hope we are busy behind the scenes looking to find some great trades.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Utility Billie Smedts will head to Carlton as part of the Zac Tuohy deal. Future first round also heading to the Blues.
    Another with a link to the FFC/WBFC going to Carlton for their career to die...
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

There is also a flip flop of next years 2nd round selections.

I'll give SOS his dues, I think he got Geelong to pay overs for Tuohy.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post

So SOS can spend it on fringe GWS players next year...

More great news for GWS.

6. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a good deal for Carlton you're not wrong there. Geelong were pretty keen to off load Smedts though. He must have been on a fair bit.

His old man was a bit of a plodder. He tried hard is about the best thing I could say about Alby. He was always neatly turned out.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

This is astounding what are Geelong doing!?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    This is astounding what are Geelong doing!?
    As usual, they're assuming they will win the flag next year and have pick 18. That Carlton will hold about the same and have say 25.

So they're (in their minds) taking a 7 pick downgrade, shipping out a player who won't get a real look in and getting Tuohy now to get them the flag.

In short, just arrogance in their trading.

Post Thanks / Like

The Cats are banking on finishing at least 4th in 2017 which is reasonable I think - then (as Mitch Cleary tweeted) it's effectively Tuohy+15 for Smedts + the 2017 Carlton second rounder which might be pretty early depending how well the Blues go (which might be shaped in part by what happens with Gibbs).

Tuohy has looked significantly better than Smedts so far, so I don't think the Cats have done too badly with this one...
    Although it broke our hearts it did not break our will

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raw Toast View Post
    The Cats are banking on finishing at least 4th in 2017 which is reasonable I think - then (as Mitch Cleary tweeted) it's effectively Tuohy+15 for Smedts + the 2017 Carlton second rounder which might be pretty early depending how well the Blues go (which might be shaped in part by what happens with Gibbs).

Tuohy has looked significantly better than Smedts so far, so I don't think the Cats have done too badly with this one...
    Same - Tuohy will be far better in a good team. He's a beautiful kick and a plus defender, who will not be burdened anymore by having to play for Carlton. Maybe slightly overs but it's not an outrageous trade at all.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

12. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The AFL haven't changed the rule regarding taking two first round picks every 4 years. Just everyone assumed it meant you couldn't trade out 3 of them. It just means you have to trade one back
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    The AFL haven't changed the rule regarding taking two first round picks every 4 years. Just everyone assumed it meant you couldn't trade out 3 of them. It just means you have to trade one back
    What's the penalty if you don't?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    What's the penalty if you don't?
    For the powerful clubs, or the rest of us?

16. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    For the powerful clubs, or the rest of us?
    I want to know the GWS/Hawks/Geelong/Sydney rule.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I see this as a fail for SOS. They lose Tuohy for a pick upgrade & Smedts who has done nothing in his career thus far. Their list needs a lot of work so i would have thought they need as many decent picks as they can get their hands on. Would be pissed if I was a blues fan.