Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  108
Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Players On The Market 2016

Riewoldt came out the next day after the allegations and stated emphatically that the talk of him leaving is nonsense and there was no way he was leaving the Tigers.

I can't see this happening.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    They said on SEN or 774 today that Zac Clarke is more likely to return to Victoria than to stay on at Freo.
    He had one excellent year (2012?) when Sandi was out.
    Not sure if he'd get anywhere near that again.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

An aside - Nankervis is rumoured to be open to a move (from a Swans fan who normally has good info).
    No idea if we've asked about him or interested but... we should ask about him.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Would we be interested in Green at the right price? We lack a crumbing, goal kicking small forward, with most of our smalls more midfield types.

Lions small forward open to trade

BRISBANE Lions small forward Josh Green is understood to be open to a trade as he ponders a fresh start to revitalise his AFL career.

The talented 24-year-old battled for goalscoring opportunities in 2016 as the club blooded inexperienced key forwards and struggled to move the ball inside 50.

He had a delayed pre-season due to a foot injury and never found the continuity that had defined his previous three seasons.

He kicked just 11 goals in 10 games after kicking 82 goals in 53 games between 2013 and 2015. In 2014 he was the club's leading goalkicker with 33 goals.

The Lions will be looking to give their list a new dynamic in 2017 with a new coach and a new senior football manager.

They are making an application for a priority pick with AFL CEO Gillon McLachlan saying they had a legitimate claim for a pick this season. The AFL Commission will make that call in a meeting on the Monday of Grand Final week.

The club has pick 2 and pick 20 at this stage, as well as St Kilda's second round pick and has many players locked in on long-term contracts.

They do not have a top-end crop of Academy Graduates this season with Jacob Allison a chance to join the club late in the draft.

The small forward role is one area where the Lions had a surplus of players with Lewis Taylor and Dayne Zorko performing well in that position.

Green, who hails from Tasmania, should attract interest from clubs looking for a smart, small forward, given his age and his proven goalkicking prowess.

He was selection No.32 in the 2010 NAB AFL Draft.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    afl.com.au predicts this ruck movement: (brackets are my comments from the longer article on them):

Tom Nicholls (Gold Coast) – stay (you beauty!!)
    Jarrod Witts (Collingwood) – go (Brisbane linked to him)
    Toby Nankervis (Sydney Swans) – wait and see
    Will Minson (Western Bulldogs) – go (retired)
    Tom Campbell (Western Bulldogs) - wait and see
    Nathan Vardy (Geelong) – go (reports are Dogs & GWS)
    Rory Lobb (GWS) – wait and see
    Tom Downie (GWS) - wait and see
    Zac Clarke (Fremantle) – wait and see
    Tyrone Vickery (Richmond) – go (reports are Hawthorn)

I would like us to find the next Shane Mumford. A ruckman who is playing second fiddle, toiling away in the twos that just isn't getting a chance. Is it Clarke? Is it Nankervis? But in saying that I don't want us to get someone just because they are available at the time when it's not really what we were after.

The ruck is an area that we need to address this trade /draft period. Camhead was OK early this year but slowly faded until Campbell secretly got injured. Maybe injury is why they faded but still a durable ruckman is high on my wish list.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I feel ya, but I'm thinking this is another one that can be chalked up to "because Richmond lol".

Him and Deleido are apparently disenfranchised by the game plan, and Hardwick is safe regardless of this dick-swinging board nonsense. We'd be fools not to get in his ear.
    I'd love to get Deledio for a couple of years. A player who finds targets in his sleep and is set in his ways so we are zero chance of coaching him out if it. Second rounder.

Jack would be great too. Although if he gets frustrated with Richmonds gameplan, I don't know the delivery is that much better with us. Although a forward demanding the ball be delivered to him and running to space might improve their delivery. Expensive trade wise though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    He had one excellent year (2012?) when Sandi was out.
    Not sure if he'd get anywhere near that again.

Nah. One and done I reckon. Big guys don't have break out years then go backwards then come good again. They have one good year then eke out another 7 years and 2 clubs from it.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Nankervis is listed as 199cm & 106kg. 11 career games, 3 career goals. This is his bio on the swans website (not overly flattering):

Jumped in front of Tom Derickx and the injury-prone Sam Naismith to become the club’s third ruck option last season and showed in five senior appearances that he’s one to watch for the future. Not overly mobile but hard working, Nankervis will find senior games tough to come by this year, but forms part of a strong group of big men giving the Swans depth in their ruck stocks. Dominated at NEAFL level and another season working alongside Kurt Tippett will be of great benefit.

Draft history: 2013 NAB AFL Draft 2nd round selection (Sydney Swans) No. 35 overall
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    This makes no sense to me.

Trading Riewoldt would tear that club apart, invoke member outrage, screw their forward half completely (plus they are losing Vickery) and is a back flip on what the club thinks it's going to do next season (make finals).

Jack's not exactly "old" - I don't see how Richmond win out of trading him, unless he demanded to leave, which seems 1/10000 chance. As much as I would love Riewoldt, I don't see it being any possibility whatsoever.
    Who on gods earth would not want to leave Richmond. If scientists want to study black holes, they just need to focus their telescopes on Punt road.

9. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Updated Free Agents:

Daniel Wells
    Nathan Brown
    Ty Vickery
    Zak Clarke
    Ricky Henderson
    Jarryd Blair
    Jack Grimes
    Courtney Dempsey
    Clansee Pearce
    North Four
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, golly gosh & darn... Nicholls re-signed at Gold Coast:

GOLD Coast has locked away ruckman Tom Nicholls for a further two years.

After weighing up his options for the past few months, the 24-year-old has agreed to stay with the Suns until at least the end of 2018.

It's great news for Gold Coast after midfielders Dion Prestia and Jaeger O'Meara both recently requested to be traded.

The finishing touches on the Nicholls deal are expected to be inked when he returns from a holiday to the United States later this month.

Just like his All Australian teammate Tom Lynch, Nicholls will become a free agent at the end of the new contract.

The 203cm ruckman had a mixed season, being dropped, then rediscovering some good form before being cut short by a PCL injury with three rounds to go.

Nicholls bravely played out the entire second half against Greater Western Sydney in round 20 despite carrying the injury.

He has played 45 games in his six seasons at the Suns, including 15 in each of the past two seasons.

Post Thanks / Like

A couple of players worth keeping an eye on for a short term fix with our back line could be Garland and Dunn from Melbourne.
    They won't be popular because of their ages but I think they could be worth considering.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Oh, golly gosh & darn... Nicholls re-signed at Gold Coast:

GOLD Coast has locked away ruckman Tom Nicholls for a further two years.

After weighing up his options for the past few months, the 24-year-old has agreed to stay with the Suns until at least the end of 2018.

It's great news for Gold Coast after midfielders Dion Prestia and Jaeger O'Meara both recently requested to be traded.

The finishing touches on the Nicholls deal are expected to be inked when he returns from a holiday to the United States later this month.

That's probably best for all concerned. Better than letting him actually play.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    A couple of players worth keeping an eye on for a short term fix with our back line could be Garland and Dunn from Melbourne.
    They won't be popular because of their ages but I think they could be worth considering.
    Is our backline really in need of a fix?.. Getting Adams & Murphy back next year and another pre-season into Collins will definitely help shore it up.

Think we should also expect further development from Hamling, Cordy & R.Smith.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Is our backline really in need of a fix?.. Getting Adams & Murphy back next year and another pre-season into Collins will definitely help shore it up.

Think we should also expect further development from Hamling, Cordy & R.Smith.
    and Williams
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    God no!
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket