Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  108
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Players On The Market 2016

A lot of talk on the radio this morning that O'Meara, Mitchell and Vickery will be at the Hawks next year.

Should we join the hunt for O'Meara? For our 1st round pick we would have to consider it. I don't buy that he's worth 2 1st rounders btw.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    A lot of talk on the radio this morning that O'Meara, Mitchell and Vickery will be at the Hawks next year.

Should we join the hunt for O'Meara? For our 1st round pick we would have to consider it. I don't buy that he's worth 2 1st rounders btw.
    O'Meara for our first and a player they want, in Jong, who is a lesser talented but decent replacement. That'd be a decent offer. That'd be all our spare salary cap though I'd guess.

Alternatively, Hawks need an extra first rounder or two. Is there anyone we want who'd they'd give up?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    A couple of players worth keeping an eye on for a short term fix with our back line could be Garland and Dunn from Melbourne.
    They won't be popular because of their ages but I think they could be worth considering.
    Sorry, but I think they won't be popular because neither can play. Garland is seriously awful - and Dunn was struggling to get a game this season.

I really can't see how a case can be made for either.

Post Thanks / Like

Jaeger O'Meara has nominated the Hawks as his destination club of choice.

Post Thanks / Like

Equalisation working beautifully.

6. Likes bulldogtragic, The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Equalisation working beautifully.
    And Vickery probably signed too...
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I suppose it's better than Essendon getting him for free in the psd. But that's it...

9. Likes Doc26 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's real annoying.

Post Thanks / Like

Equalisation working wonderfully again

Post Thanks / Like

They lose Hodge, Mitchell, Burgoyne and Lewis in the next two years. They'll need him.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    They lose Hodge, Mitchell, Burgoyne and Lewis in the next two years. They'll need him.
    Yep. I'm guessing O'Meara & Mitchell would have to accept almost a base contract next year, but would benefit financially once the above start to retire and the Hawks end up with significant cap space.
    Where do they get the picks from to secure both Mitchell from the Swans and O'Meara from Gold Coast? I doubt whether their existing first round would be enough for either of those guys, and moving Hill to Freo isn't going to result in more than either a late 1st or a early second rounder at best?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Yep. I'm guessing O'Meara & Mitchell would have to accept almost a base contract next year, but would benefit financially once the above start to retire and the Hawks end up with significant cap space.
    Where do they get the picks from to secure both Mitchell from the Swans and O'Meara from Gold Coast?
    They'll have pick 14 when we beat them. Probably 21 for Brad Hill (Freo). They may need to trade something of value out additionally. I'd enquire with who that might be. JO wants $800,000, Vickery rumour is $350,000 & Mitchell maybe the same. I'm not sure where those savings are??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    They'll have pick 14 when we beat them. Probably 21 for Brad Hill (Freo). They may need to trade something of value out additionally. I'd enquire with who that might be. JO wants $800,000, Vickery rumour is $350,000 & Mitchell maybe the same. I'm not sure where those savings are??
    I'd imagine the savings are that in order to get to the Hawks they'll need to take reduced first year of contract $'s so Hawks can fit in the cap in 2017, but that their contract will balloon in 2018 and 19 when Hawks shed Hodge, Burgoyne, Sam Mitchell, Gibson and maybe Lewis.

16. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I have a feeling Mitchell is on quite a bit more than $350,000 at the Swans.

18. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I have a feeling Mitchell is on quite a bit more than $350,000 at the Swans.
    Yep - Mitchell will be half a Mil.

I guess they lost Franklin which freed up a stack.