Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  108
Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Players On The Market 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I have a feeling Mitchell is on quite a bit more than $350,000 at the Swans.
    $600K.

It got out when Carlton tried to poach him from Sydney's reserves only to find out he'd be one of their highest paid players and they couldn't afford him. I don't doubt Sydney and the AFEL were pretty embarrassed that the public found out Sydney were paying a fringe player $600 large soon after winning a premiership and recruiting 2 $1 million players, considering they'd been claiming they were able to keep their list together because their players were willing to take unders to be at the club.

Hence Mitchell was always going to have to go so they can pretend players are being squeezed out to keep Sydney under the salary cap.

Post Thanks / Like

's sake! 600k? That's just. 600k? Really? The real problem in this is I have no trouble at all believing he is getting 600k to run around in the NEAFL, or was, and is now getting it to run around in the AFL.

Still. Give Sydney their COLA, sorry due, give them their due. They manage to keep all those highly payed star players under their salary cap. Somehow.

I dunno why I said COLA just then, I must have been thinking about some other salary cap cheats.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    $600K.

It got out when Carlton tried to poach him from Sydney's reserves only to find out he'd be one of their highest paid players and they couldn't afford him. I don't doubt Sydney and the AFEL were pretty embarrassed that the public found out Sydney were paying a fringe player $600 large soon after winning a premiership and recruiting 2 $1 million players, considering they'd been claiming they were able to keep their list together because their players were willing to take unders to be at the club.

Hence Mitchell was always going to have to go so they can pretend players are being squeezed out to keep Sydney under the salary cap.
    I feel like you've told that story about another player (Sam Reid?). Carlton surprise and everything.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I feel like you've told that story about another player (Sam Reid?). Carlton surprise and everything.
    It was about Mitchell, you know, the guy we're talking about now.

Post Thanks / Like

Channel 10 just reported they expect Hawthorn to do a Geelong style 2015 post season stock up (ie trade with next year's picks to stock up) with Jaeger, Eric McKenzie, Tom Mitchell & Ty Vickery (FA).
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Is our backline really in need of a fix?.. Getting Adams & Murphy back next year and another pre-season into Collins will definitely help shore it up.

Think we should also expect further development from Hamling, Cordy & R.Smith.
    Given we missed on Hurley I think we need to look at some depth at the KP.
    6 weeks ago some had written off Hamling and a lot of people think Roberts has too many limitations so I still think there are some questions about or KP depth.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

It was about Mitchell, you know, the guy we're talking about now.
    Correction, it was both

Given they're paying fringe types like Reid and Mitchell $600K per season, that means they can pretty much poach any player in the league to replace someone on their list

Kieran Jack is probably getting $1.5mil a season, and Hanneberry $2mil. So no one is off limits.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Correction, it was both
    Reid doesn't have anything to do with Carlton. His contract was openly reported.

Sam yesterday signed a multimillion-dollar, five-year extension, which contracts him to the club until the end of the 2017 season.
    http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...216-1oys3.html

The figure spoken about was $3mil over 5 years which was justified by him being the backbone of their team for next decade. He's was then 2 years later upgraded upon by Tippett then Franklin.

Mitchell's massive contract was a secret till Carlton leaked it to the public when they were outraged they couldn't afford him despite him playing NEAFL.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    They'll have pick 14 when we beat them. Probably 21 for Brad Hill (Freo). They may need to trade something of value out additionally. I'd enquire with who that might be. JO wants $800,000, Vickery rumour is $350,000 & Mitchell maybe the same. I'm not sure where those savings are??
    They lost Lake, Hale & Suckling last year and chased Carlisle at trade time and ended up with nothing. Hodge, Mitchell, Gibson & Burgoyne have all signed on and reportedly have all taken haircuts. They would have plenty of space in their cap and then you add the increase in the cap next year on top of that.

Post Thanks / Like

Various news agencies, and now the pre game show through Stevo suggesting Deledio is gettable. One news outlet suggested Geelong are into him, by way of a direct player trade or getting a pick through a player trade with another club. Motlop has obviously been the most high profile Geelong player mentioned to get them a highish pick or different type of player.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

An article today failed to mention us as interested parties in Nathan Vardy, they mentioned GWS & Port Adelaide.

Not unhappy. If Minson is to retire it will be interesting to see which ruck we are interested in. Unfortunately Petrie is off to West Coast...

Post Thanks / Like

An article today failed to mention us as interested parties in Nathan Vardy, they mentioned GWS & Port Adelaide.

Not unhappy. If Minson is to retire it will be interesting to see which ruck we are interested in. Unfortunately Petrie is off to West Coast...
    Good. I'd rather us take a mature state leaguer (a la Campbell) than trade in Vardy, who is talented but super injury prone.

Unless of course by some miracle we happen to take Tim English in the first round
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Available from Freo after delisting:

Matt de Boer, Tendai Mzungu, Clancee Pearce, and Jack Hannath
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

JMac said today we have interest in only a couple of players for trading/recruiting in. Any ideas on names?

Post Thanks / Like

JMac said today we have interest in only a couple of players for trading/recruiting in. Any ideas on names?
    Cloke
    The curse is dead.