Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  108
Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Players On The Market 2016

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Really? Crameri, Stringer, Cordy... Don't you mean a lively small forward ala. Cameron?
    I mean that a key forward who is more mobile than average suits us more than the gorilla types because we can keep our pressure high. Cordy is an example of a rough extra defensive version of that.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks hujsh I agree which is why Cloke needs to drop kg.

It's incredibly slow going. 10 trades done after 44 done last year.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Think X Richards has some potential.
    Has some good pace and athleticism - 196cms. Bit to work with there. Was really good in their final v Adelaide.
    I like him and would play him back. Similar build and athletic profile as Hammer.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm hearing that GWS are happy to offload Palmer to free up salary cap space.

So why are stupid clubs like Carlton helping them with this? The rest of the competition, and this includes Carlton, is better off making GWS keep players like Palmer and have them squeeze out better players. If clubs keep helping them, on top of all the rich draft concessions they have been getting, what chance does anyone have?
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post

So why are stupid clubs like Carlton helping them with this? The rest of the competition, and this includes Carlton, is better off making GWS keep players like Palmer and have them squeeze out better players. If clubs keep helping them, on top of all the rich draft concessions they have been getting, what chance does anyone have?
    I have a theory that SOS is on a bonus system where if GWS win a flag in the next 5 years he gets a million dollar bonus.
    There has to be a reason why he seems hellbent on topping up their draft picks.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

6. Likes hujsh, Sedat, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Xavier Richards worth considering as a developing forward?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Is Xavier Richards worth considering as a developing forward?
    I think he is worth chasing as a developing tall - forward or back.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I think he is worth chasing as a developing tall - forward or back.
    Certainly a good size, 195cm and 91kg. Moves pretty well too. I can't imagine he'd cost too much either.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Certainly a good size, 195cm and 91kg. Moves pretty well too. I can't imagine he'd cost too much either.
    XFactor Richards
    Only 23 and a Sandy Dragons boy too.
    Surely he must be Homesick by now
    Would absolutely take him as you say Aza as a developing forward or back.

Get it done BT

11. Likes bulldogtragic, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redders70 View Post
    XFactor Richards
    Only 23 and a Sandy Dragons boy too.
    Surely he must be Homesick by now
    Would absolutely take him as you say Aza as a developing forward or back.

Get it done BT
    Sounds a bit like a Hamling replacement, size & agility wise although he can play forward too, later bloomer and played in the 2016 Grand Final.

Maybe a three way trade: Hamling, Richards & something to Sydney.

Leave it to me Redders.

13. Likes azabob, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post

They are exploring doing it so the price in terms of a draft pick required for Marchbank is much less - they won't give up pick 5 and are exploring other ways

Post Thanks / Like

Has Lewis Taylor been snapped up yet on his way north of $500,000 a year asking price? Maybe I've missed that post in this thread saying he's off the market.

Post Thanks / Like

Toby Nankervis has just requested a trade to Richmond - 2 in 2 days for the Bondi Billionaires
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Toby Nankervis has just requested a trade to Richmond - 2 in 2 days for the Bondi Billionaires
    And Mitchell gone. Such a shame...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Has me bemused the amount of players nominating Richmond, Carlton and other poor sides, they seriously mustn't rate themselves being able to break into a decent side.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

19. Likes hujsh liked this post