Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  108
Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Players On The Market 2016

Wouldn't be surprised if the reason Xavier Richards has asked to be traded back to Vic has a little bit to do with us. Wait and see, I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

There was some noise suggesting we were also into Nankervis but he'd be nuts to come to us over Richmond. Would purely be back up depth. I'd back Campbell over him any day.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    There was some noise suggesting we were also into Nankervis but he'd be nuts to come to us over Richmond. Would purely be back up depth. I'd back Campbell over him any day.
    Hopefully this is another Matthew Lobbe like bullet dodged for us!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if the reason Xavier Richards has asked to be traded back to Vic has a little bit to do with us. Wait and see, I guess.
    Gut feel or more to it?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Double post.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Richards has asked for a Victorian club. We have a good trading relationship with Sydney, hopefully we are the destination.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Richards has asked for a Victorian club. We have a good trading relationship with Sydney, hopefully we are the destination.
    Surely we don't have room for him, either in our best 22 or on our list.

Post Thanks / Like

He has the characteristics Bevo likes but can he play?/
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Giansiraccuser View Post
    Surely we don't have room for him, either in our best 22 or on our list.
    A developing 195cm, 91kg, mobile KPP whose form has him playing in the Grand Final. I think we can afford to look him with potentially no WBFC tall forward in the VFL again, and losing one or two tall defenders.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

10. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure Richards asking for a trade is a high concept tactic by the Swans to get their COLA back. How someone on a senior AFL list can seriously say with a straight face that they can't afford rent is beyond me.

BTW never forget the only reason he was thrown forward because he was so despicable as a defender he couldn't get a game when the Swans were screaming out for one.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Hawthorn seem to be having a fire sale of their top ageing mids at the moment. Lewis and Mitchell traded for pretty much nothing.
    Is Hodge next?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I'm pretty sure Richards asking for a trade is a high concept tactic by the Swans to get their COLA back. How someone on a senior AFL list can seriously say with a straight face that they can't afford rent is beyond me.
    I did find this comment on rent as absolutely staggering and know quite a few people who are currently renting Sydney who do not have such big problems. Minimum wage for AFL players is above what my friends make in a year.

Post Thanks / Like

Darcy Gardiner off the market - re-signed with Brisbane for 3 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    Hawthorn seem to be having a fire sale of their top ageing mids at the moment. Lewis and Mitchell traded for pretty much nothing.
    Is Hodge next?
    Hodge is a Kernahan, Hird-type demigod at Hawthorn. Their fans gush over him. He's one player I'd be flabbergasted to see them trade. Mitchell for Mitchell made sense (realise it wasn't a trade, but was related), whilst Lewis, although surprising, wasn't a complete shock.

FWIW, I always considered Roughead the Hawks' best player. The first player on their list is have had at the Bulldogs. He could play on the ball as well as being a KPF. I think his absence has hit the Hawks very, very hard. I really hope his health picks up. To me, he is the best player and bloke out of all of their four flag generation.

16. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hodge is a Kernahan, Hird-type demigod at Hawthorn. Their fans gush over him. He's one player I'd be flabbergasted to see them trade. Mitchell for Mitchell made sense (realise it wasn't a trade, but was related), whilst Lewis, although surprising, wasn't a complete shock.

FWIW, I always considered Roughead the Hawks' best player. The first player on their list is have had at the Bulldogs. He could play on the ball as well as being a KPF. I think his absence has hit the Hawks very, very hard. I really hope his health picks up. To me, he is the best player and bloke out of all of their four flag generation.
    I have the same respect for Roughead too, I remember a few years ago we were about 80 points up on them at halftime and every Hawks player just gave up and threw in the towel except him.
    Made a huge impression on me that day as a guy who cares and would suit our team attitude and personality to a tee .