Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  108
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Players On The Market 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Are we talking about Paul Stewart from Port or James Stewart from GWS here?

Coincidentally someone has had a little bit of fun with Paul Stewart's Wiki page (typos and all):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_S...an_footballer)
    Sorry, James.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post

Coincidentally someone has had a little bit of fun with Paul Stewart's Wiki page (typos and all):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_S...an_footballer)
    The other coincidence is there is a Melbourne muso called Paul Stewart, he's the singer in Painters and Dockers. And Paulie is a bulldogs supporter.

Not to mention the fact that Rod Stewart had a try out to be a professional footballer.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Michelangelo Rucci reporting this:

The Advertiser understands Hartlett is the key to an emerging three-club deal with Richmond and Gold Coast that allows Suns midfielder Dion Prestia to join the Tigers, Hartlett to move to Gold Coast and Port Adelaide to get draft pick No. 6.

The Advertiser understand Hartlett would prefer to join a Melbourne-based club.
    Port make out like bandits if they get pick 6 for Hamish Hartlett! Surely they would have to throw something else into the deal.

Power vice-captain Hamish Hartlett stand back as offers build for his new AFL home

4. Thanks bulldogtragic, Twodogs, Mofra thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Axe Man, loving your quick player updates!!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to make a play at Hartlett.

He kind of seems like a headcase, and he fades out of games badly, but he can seriously use the footy.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

afl.com.au predicts this ruck movement: (brackets are my comments from the longer article on them):

Tom Nicholls (Gold Coast) – stay (you beauty!!)
    Jarrod Witts (Collingwood) – go (Brisbane linked to him)
    Toby Nankervis (Sydney Swans) – wait and see
    Will Minson (Western Bulldogs) – go (retired)
    Tom Campbell (Western Bulldogs) - wait and see
    Nathan Vardy (Geelong) – go (reports are Dogs & GWS)
    Rory Lobb (GWS) – wait and see
    Tom Downie (GWS) - wait and see
    Zac Clarke (Fremantle) – wait and see
    Tyrone Vickery (Richmond) – go (reports are Hawthorn)
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    afl.com.au predicts this ruck movement: (brackets are my comments from the longer article on them):

Tom Nicholls (Gold Coast) – stay (you beauty!!)
    Jarrod Witts (Collingwood) – go (Brisbane linked to him)
    Toby Nankervis (Sydney Swans) – wait and see
    Will Minson (Western Bulldogs) – go (retired)
    Tom Campbell (Western Bulldogs) - wait and see
    Nathan Vardy (Geelong) – go (reports are Dogs & GWS)
    Rory Lobb (GWS) – wait and see
    Tom Downie (GWS) - wait and see
    Zac Clarke (Fremantle) – wait and see
    Tyrone Vickery (Richmond) – go (reports are Hawthorn)

They said on SEN or 774 today that Zac Clarke is more likely to return to Victoria than to stay on at Freo.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    They said on SEN or 774 today that Zac Clarke is more likely to return to Victoria than to stay on at Freo.
    I don't mind Zac Clarke.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Could do worse as long as he's not too expensive. No star but can go forward and is mobile enough to fit into Bevo's plans.

Post Thanks / Like

Good lord he is hopeless . If he was a foot shorter he'd have been delisted by now

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, i dont see Clarke being able to play 'Bevo Football'. Just doesnt have a hard enough edge to his game.

Not sure an experienced ruck is what we'll chase either, we have Campbell, Roughead and Boyd (he's going to be a ruck/forward not a KPF) so i think we'll be after a younger developing type.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Yeah, i dont see Clarke being able to play 'Bevo Football'. Just doesnt have a hard enough edge to his game.

Not sure an experienced ruck is what we'll chase either, we have Campbell, Roughead and Boyd (he's going to be a ruck/forward not a KPF) so i think we'll be after a younger developing type.
    From our 2016 Ruck stocks, we've lost our project Ruck (Goetz), seem likely to lose our most experienced Ruck (Minson) and are yet to re-sign Campbell. Given all of our Rucks have had a history of injury issues, I'd reckon our list managers will be very keen for the best available experienced Ruck (by all accounts they tried hard last year - Martin, Kreuzer, Lobbe) as well as a project Ruck if the right prospect is identified.

Post Thanks / Like

Zero Hanger on FB (usually a very good source) claiming that Riewoldt is open to leaving the Tigers.

We'd have to be in contact with him surely? Obviously a better fit (by way of being way better) than Cloke.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Zero Hanger on FB (usually a very good source) claiming that Riewoldt is open to leaving the Tigers.

We'd have to be in contact with him surely? Obviously a better fit (by way of being way better) than Cloke.
    This makes no sense to me.

Trading Riewoldt would tear that club apart, invoke member outrage, screw their forward half completely (plus they are losing Vickery) and is a back flip on what the club thinks it's going to do next season (make finals).

Jack's not exactly "old" - I don't see how Richmond win out of trading him, unless he demanded to leave, which seems 1/10000 chance. As much as I would love Riewoldt, I don't see it being any possibility whatsoever.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    This makes no sense to me.

Trading Riewoldt would tear that club apart, invoke member outrage, screw their forward half completely (plus they are losing Vickery) and is a back flip on what the club thinks it's going to do next season (make finals).

Jack's not exactly "old" - I don't see how Richmond win out of trading him, unless he demanded to leave, which seems 1/10000 chance. As much as I would love Riewoldt, I don't see it being any possibility whatsoever.
    I feel ya, but I'm thinking this is another one that can be chalked up to "because Richmond lol".

Him and Deleido are apparently disenfranchised by the game plan, and Hardwick is safe regardless of this dick-swinging board nonsense. We'd be fools not to get in his ear.