Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  44
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: "Sunshine and Lollipops". The always looking on the bright side thread.

So my 4 year old daughter gets up this morning after going to watch our VFL team crush the Pies at Whitten Oval on Saturday. Took her into the Bulldogs shop and got her a hoodie and a 'The pack' cap. Hasn't taken them off since, last thing off at night first thing on in the morning. She went to a 4 year old party yesterday and all of her friends were in pink and purple and here was this red, white and blue jelly bean jumping around.

Anyway she gets up this morning, says good morning, sits down on the mat in the sunshine and starts sorting out her brother's footy cards with the Bulldogs on top singing 'The Bulldogs, are taking over'. For a dismal weekend her and her new found love of the Bulldogs has been a little ray of sunshine. Makes me feel optimistic about the Eagles in 2 weeks and, a bit like the pending spring, a new little Bulldogs has popped out of the soil.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

With the young talent on our list, we are going to be contenders for the next decade.
    Footscray member since 1980.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    So my 4 year old daughter gets up this morning after going to watch our VFL team crush the Pies at Whitten Oval on Saturday. Took her into the Bulldogs shop and got her a hoodie and a 'The pack' cap. Hasn't taken them off since, last thing off at night first thing on in the morning. She went to a 4 year old party yesterday and all of her friends were in pink and purple and here was this red, white and blue jelly bean jumping around.

Anyway she gets up this morning, says good morning, sits down on the mat in the sunshine and starts sorting out her brother's footy cards with the Bulldogs on top singing 'The Bulldogs, are taking over'. For a dismal weekend her and her new found love of the Bulldogs has been a little ray of sunshine. Makes me feel optimistic about the Eagles in 2 weeks and, a bit like the pending spring, a new little Bulldogs has popped out of the soil.
    Hehe reminds me of my 4 yo daughter as well.

She got a dogs Guernsey with the number 4 on the back (for her fourth birthday), and since has been fanatical about Bontempelli.
    Goes crazy every time she see's him get the ball. Also got her a pen that plays the club them song when you press the button on the back, gets played ad nauseum around the house and is the greatest tool for brainwashing your children let me tell you.
    She hasn't quite worked out the winning and losing part yet so she is just super excited when they are playing and they are always the best no matter what. Kind of picks you up a little bit after a loss.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    After a last game loss last year we came out blazing and should have beaten Adelaide. The same will be this year except we will beat the Weagles.
    That's right B4L. I reckon we should of won last year's EF. We played a great game that night. Had we taken our chances it would have been a different story.
    Last edited by Eastdog; 29-08-2016 at 12:48 PM.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

5. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Positives:

- McGovern's shoulder is surely due to go pop.
    - West Coast have Josh Hill

We can do this!

7. Likes craigsahibee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We're playing in the cool of the night.
    Some of those Weak Coke talls might lose their footing in the dewy grass as our mids ravage it back through the middle and smash it towards our mighty fowards to pulverise and pillage the Cokers.

9. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

11. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    I couldn't stop laughing. That's gold. The perfect analogy.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Bontempelli is a Bulldog.

That is all.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    That's right B4L. I reckon we should of won last year's EF. We played a great game that night. Had we taken our chances it would have been a different story.
    ...had we taken our chances AND maybe put someone in the same postcode as Eddie in the 1st quarter?
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

10 other teams
    Twodogs was thinking of the old 16 team competition before we had the AFL propped up sides come in.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think you can underestimate how lucky we are that we played there last week. Not only was it a extended training run on the ground (with a crowd as loud as finals due to the circumstances); the travel over, the hotel, the surroundings, and the game day routine all become a little more familiar and comfortable.

We couldn't have scripted a better round 23 venue really.

17. Likes Max469, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is our 13th finals appearance in 25 seasons. In the modern era, we are a team that makes finals more than it misses. We still need to do better when we get there, but for those of us who can remember the 1970s-1980s Dogs, it beats the hell out of those times (in the 30 seasons 1962-1991, we played in 3 final series and won 1 final in those 30 years).

19. Thanks chef, Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: "Sunshine and Lollipops". The always looking on the bright side thread.

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post

Great stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    Hehe reminds me of my 4 yo daughter as well.

She got a dogs Guernsey with the number 4 on the back (for her fourth birthday), and since has been fanatical about Bontempelli.
    Goes crazy every time she see's him get the ball.
    Also got her a pen that plays the club them song when you press the button on the back, gets played ad nauseum around the house and is the greatest tool for brainwashing your children let me tell you.
    She hasn't quite worked out the winning and losing part yet so she is just super excited when they are playing and they are always the best no matter what. Kind of picks you up a little bit after a loss.
    When Lucy was 4 she told me that she was going to marry Adam Cooney. We saw him at the supermarket in West Footscray one day but managed to resist the urge to propose.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    When I was just a kid I can remember looking through the results of the races with my granddad and complaining that a horse I backed had unluckily lost a race. My dear old granddad waited until I had stopped complaining and said to me "Yeah, yeah, yeah. Listen mate, there is an old saying-great horse and if it hadn't stopped for a shit then it would have won the race" Coulda, shoulda, woulda does your head no good.

This is our 13th finals appearance in 25 seasons. In the modern era, we are a team that makes finals more than it misses. We still need to do better when we get there, but for those of us who can remember the 1970s-1980s Dogs, it beats the hell out of those times (in the 30 seasons 1962-1991, we played in 3 final series and won 1 final in those 30 years).
    That's a fairly good record and while you are right when you said that it beats the pants of being a supporter in the miserable days of the '70s and '80s I really, really want a premiership.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

19 is the hottest predicted all week. Thursday it's time to take the leash off Jake.

22. Likes The Adelaide Connection liked this post