Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  2
    Post Thanks / Like

'We're here to go all the way', says Bulldogs mid

Link

WESTERN Bulldogs midfielder Lachie Hunter isn't subscribing to the common belief his side has little chance of winning its elimination final against West Coast at Domain Stadium.

The Bulldogs are rated a $4.50 outside chance by Crownbet to topple the resurgent Eagles at a venue they haven't won at since 2009, but Hunter believes the club's good form this season has them well placed for an assault on the flag.

The Dogs finished the home and away season in seventh position with 15 wins despite having one of the heaviest injury tolls in the competition this season.

"We're in a final to win - we're not here to win just one final or to go out in the first week," Hunter said.

"We're here to go all the way and we think we’ve had a really good year and could have finished a little bit higher.

"We think we've got a really good (premiership) chance from where we are now."

12 months on from last year's elimination final loss to Adelaide, Hunter says the club has moved on from the disappointment and the experience will only help their cause this September.

In a game decided by just seven points, the Dogs smashed the Crows in nearly every key statistical area, but failed to take those numerous opportunities.

"We'll draw a little experience (from the game) because that was the first final for most of the boys in the team," he said.

"We don't dwell on (the result) too much (because) we reviewed it after the game last year and that was pretty much it."

Hunter himself wasted a chance in the dying minutes with an errant handball to teammate Stewart Crameri spoiling a probable shot at goal with the Dogs just one point down.

The Crows won the resultant stoppage and whisked the ball away to kick the match-sealing goal.

"It was pretty emotional night being the first final I'd played in and it being a pretty tight loss," Hunter said.

"I looked to move on pretty quickly after it because there's no point wondering over a loss."

Hunter has been one of the Bulldogs' most consistent players in 2016, and one of the lucky few to avoid a crowded Whitten Oval medical room.

The 21-year-old finished the home and away season as the AFL's eighth-most prolific midfielder with an average of 28.8 possessions per game.

He also collected the second-most uncontested disposals (458) and was seventh for total effective possessions (468).

"I don't know (why I've played every game), it might be because I'm a bit of an outside player and I don't get too much body contact," Hunter joked.

"That might be the secret."
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Thanks bulldogtragic, The bulldog tragician, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Likes WBFC4FFC, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 'We're here to go all the way', says Bulldogs mid

Love the positive attitude from Lachie. "We're in a final to win - we're not here to win just one final or to go out in the first week"

Great Stuff. Go Dogs!
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 'We're here to go all the way', says Bulldogs mid

Given the numbers it's a bit of a joke he couldn't make the 40 man AA squad.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.