Thanks Thanks:  27
Likes Likes:  157
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Western Bulldogs: Travis Cloke

Was going along nicely till he was taken out in a crude, late bump. That broke three ribs. how Zeibel got away with that is unbelievable. I am glad he is going again. Will be good in his second year for sure. He is after all only 30

Post Thanks / Like

I was hoping he would call it quits. Cloke, Crameri just cut our losses and move on.

Post Thanks / Like

Bloody great news. I reckon with a clear run fr injuries and opp team thugs I think he is going to surprise a few naysayers.....Good on ya, Go Clokey!!

Post Thanks / Like

I like Cloke, he has forward experience , I watched him in the VFL after his absence and he was extremely good and relaxed with his team mates , laughing and joking at 3/4 time and talking body placement etc with Tim English, he has a big body and knows how to use it , if we deliver it right to him he has a lot of goals and marks in him.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Happy to hear this, want to see big Trav get a clear run at it. God knows we need some good club news right now.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Happy to hear this, want to see big Trav get a clear run at it. God knows we need some good club news right now.
    How you right you are. If a week's a long time in footy, a year now seems like an eternity.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    How you right you are. If a week's a long time in footy, a year now seems like an eternity.

It was a year a fortnight ago then a year last week then a year this week and then it will be a year again after that!
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S Coast Simon View Post
    Was going along nicely till he was taken out in a crude, late bump. That broke three ribs. how Zeibel got away with that is unbelievable. I am glad he is going again. Will be good in his second year for sure. He is after all only 30
    Yeah his ribs would still be sore now. I broke a rib years ago and I'd say it took twelve months to heal fully where I had full range of movement without pain. Trav broke 3. It's no wonder his form was patchy after the Ziebell incident. Hopefully he can give us a good target in 2018 and even look to sign 1 year extensions after showing good form.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Yeah his ribs would still be sore now. I broke a rib years ago and I'd say it took twelve months to heal fully where I had full range of movement without pain. Trav broke 3. It's no wonder his form was patchy after the Ziebell incident. Hopefully he can give us a good target in 2018 and even look to sign 1 year extensions after showing good form.
    Yep there were good signs. He was the difference in beating Sydney in round 2. Looked OK against North before Ziebell 'legally broke 3 ribs'. His ruck work got better along the way, he was our best long bail out kick target weve had in years and his ground ball collection and snaps against Port in Ballarat were a new dimension. He looked slimmer whilst being strong.

The running, more rucking, marking, ground ball collection and snapping. Hopefully these are the progression to what Bevo had in mind when we got him and how Trav talked about changing his game to the Nick Riewoldt style.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

There is a duty of care from Ziebell. Snipping a player after kicking the ball without being able to protect himself is not considered tough. It's considered to be a cheap shot. He has sadly slowed down a bit and is now a bit of a sniper. Has alway been a tough ball player but it has crept into his game in the last few years

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S Coast Simon View Post
    There is a duty of care from Ziebell. Snipping a player after kicking the ball without being able to protect himself is not considered tough. It's considered to be a cheap shot. He has sadly slowed down a bit and is now a bit of a sniper. Has alway been a tough ball player but it has crept into his game in the last few years
    . It's the north melbourne style , dog acts disguised as shine boner spirit.

Cloke was on fire up until that point and it was a huge set back . Really happy to know he will have another go as the passion and enjoyment is still there. Our young players will learn a lot from him , no pun intended on young the player .

12. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    . It's the north melbourne style , dog acts disguised as shine boner spirit.

Cloke was on fire up until that point and it was a huge set back . Really happy to know he will have another go as the passion and enjoyment is still there. Our young players will learn a lot from him , no pun intended on young the player .

I agree that anything or anyone to do with that shit club should be euthanased. But we get to play them again next year and we should just keep what happened in the back of our minds and the first time Ziebull bends over the ball somebody spiflicates the *!*!*!*!. Simple.

Then the next time someone wants to take a *!*!*!*!ing liberty with one of our boys he remembers the look of pain on Ziebulls face as they carried him off the ground. Too much went unpunished this year, it was one of our problems we just refused to stand up for one another. Did one player even look at Bugg when he was going JJ? All it takes is a stray backhander or a pull of his ankle in a pack to let him know he's being watched and we are just waiting for our chance.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.