Thanks Thanks:  27
Likes Likes:  157
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Western Bulldogs: Travis Cloke

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Wanted to play for us, great stuff and hope he has a big season.
    Ripped up hundreds of thousands of dollars in a contract too. Coming for the right reasons and I love it.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    hlnbidoffer Guest

Welcome aboard Clokey! Great pick up without giving much up.

Post Thanks / Like

Best thing about this deal.. Never has to worry about meeting 'number 30' who went OK in the finals.. Might get to shake his hand after kicking 6 on him.

5. Likes bulldogtragic, hujsh, azabob, 1eyedog, strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Before the finals even!
    He liked us before we were cool.

7. Likes bulldogtragic, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So which jumper number for Trav? 13, 25 or 30?

It'd be funny if he became that 'number 30' and played well! - Certainly a great nickname at the club 'Number 30'. Can we make this a thing?

And Trav, get onto Twitter and get that Collingwood player title of your Bio.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

9. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So anyway Crameri, Stringer, Cloke and Boyd down there now. So, how many elite defenders do you have exactly?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

He looks in ripping nick in the club photo from earlier today. Looks like he is already well on the way to adjusting to the running demands of the modern game.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

12. Likes Raw Toast, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    He looks in ripping nick in the club photo from earlier today. Looks like he is already well on the way to adjusting to the running demands of the modern game.
    I believe he contacted Nick Riewoldt to see how he prepares. I suspect he might get to his lightest weight in years by Xmas.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

14. Thanks N/A, azabob thanked for this post
    Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Everything about him screams 'Man on a Mission'. It looks and feels like he's already in preseason mode already, the missing ingredient is confidence and I feel if he makes every post a winner to his coaches and team mates, the confidence in our club will infect him. We have four club leading goal kickers in our forwardline (Stringer & Dicko, Crameri & Cloke) with a man mountain who ripped a Grand Final a part and a huge supply of dangerous smalls and resting mids who hit the scoreboard. That should excite everyone.

16. Likes 1eyedog, Dry Rot, azabob, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Everything about him screams 'Man on a Mission'. It looks and feels like he's already in preseason mode already, the missing ingredient is confidence and I feel if he makes every post a winner to his coaches and team mates, the confidence in our club will infect him. We have four club leading goal kickers in our forwardline (Stringer & Dicko, Crameri & Cloke) with a man mountain who ripped a Grand Final a part and a huge supply of dangerous smalls and resting mids who hit the scoreboard. That should excite everyone.
    Giddy Up!

18. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome on board Travis. Great to have you at the club.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I believe he contacted Nick Riewoldt to see how he prepares. I suspect he might get to his lightest weight in years by Xmas.
    Good for him. I'm going the other way.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

21. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm really happy about this. If he can get his body where it needs to be and can play a largely high role we'll be able to get the footy into the forward line pretty quickly.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    So anyway Crameri, Stringer, Cloke and Boyd down there now. So, how many elite defenders do you have exactly?
    And while they're preoccupied trying to keep them quiet, hell-oooo Mr. Dickson working the seams.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    And while they're preoccupied trying to keep them quiet, hell-oooo Mr. Dickson working the seams.
    And hopefully with Trav working hard up the ground, we can leave Mr. Dickson up forward for longer each game. Running back at goal and getting 10+ kicks a game. If he's getting 10 or so kicks a game being closer to goal, then he's going to have a stunning 2017.