Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Farren Ray

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Farren Ray

I like the suggestion of giving Ray a run as a forward DD and I think this is a good suggestion.

Harbrow_hero Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dogs 24/7 View Post
    I like the suggestion of giving Ray a run as a forward DD and I think this is a good suggestion.

But what about his kickng?He has never looked like a top 10 draft pick to me.

Post Thanks / Like

I bet he's one of those guys who kicks beautifully at training and 'loses it' on match days. I think he's better kicking under pressure; across his body; in awkward spots etc. The perfect skills for a small forward. He seems to conjure up a target when none seems obvious. But he doesn't look like he's settled in to league football yet and still runs around like a wiry sparky colt. When he's got too much time to think his kicking can be awful, but when he kicks instinctively it's not bad. And he's actually a pretty reliable set shot. He definitely hasn't looked like a number 4 pick so far but I still have faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harbrow_hero View Post
    But what about his kickng?He has never looked like a top 10 draft pick to me.
    Thats a fair point but I think his set shots are OK. As for the top 10 comment I think this year will determine if he is going to be regarded as a quality player or not.

Post Thanks / Like

He has ramped up his training this preseason we will see a more committed Farren Ray in every aspects of his game. I hear that the coaching staff are very impressed with his work ethics.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charmdog View Post
    He has ramped up his training this preseason we will see a more committed Farren Ray in every aspects of his game. I hear that the coaching staff are very impressed with his work ethics.
    Good to hear CD. I hope he has a good start to the season. Any indications where he will be played?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charmdog View Post
    I rate Farren Ray as one of the players that could take a big step forward next year for us. I hope he is Eades plans as a key player for us.