Thanks Thanks:  28
Likes Likes:  172
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Eastdog's Match Day Elimination Final Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    He also smugly said he'd be right in a month.
    I heard that, but missed it. Great pick up,
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, what a good read. I just relived that whole game.

What a win by the fellas. Our back has been against the wall since Bob done his knee. We have stepped up week after week after week. This group of players are special and they are led by an amazing coach.

To not only get the win but to take it from them from the opening bounce to the final siren is just beautiful. I am so proud to be a Bulldogs supporter right now.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Saw the team this week. I was thrilled with the ins but couldn't believe the outs. Roberts out had me conceding a bag from Kennedy. Didn't like Hrovat being dropped either and guys like McLean being left out I just couldn't see us causing an upset.

Last night was a well drilled team performance and an almost perfect execution of a game plan. Credit to the boys last night, credit to all coaching staff and selectors.

Post Thanks / Like

Darcy held the emotion in most of the night, but as the players were celebrating post game, I could sense his emotions slightly got the better of him when the camera was on Libba and LD said "about 1% of players could've dealt with the amount of pain that man played with tonight."

What a night.

Post Thanks / Like

How good were the forward's and onballers running forward at turnovers and making Barrass and their other tall defenders actually defend and not go for marks unopposed. Stringer may not have kicked 5 last night but he was really good.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    Darcy held the emotion in most of the night, but as the players were celebrating post game, I could sense his emotions slightly got the better of him when the camera was on Libba and LD said "about 1% of players could've dealt with the amount of pain that man played with tonight."

What a night.
    And interviewing Tony Liberatore after the match was awesome. I loved seeing so many former players getting amongst it. It feels like something is building with the old and the new.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

7. Likes Eastdog, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    And interviewing Tony Liberatore after the match was awesome. I loved seeing so many former players getting amongst it. It feels like something is building with the old and the new.
    Absolutely. Behind Caleb Daniel as he was being interviewed, I could see a little huddle of Danny Southern, Libba Snr, John Schultz, David Smorgon and a few others not in shot - all beaming wildly. Would've been great being within earshot of that conversation.

Post Thanks / Like

What a great heading

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

10. Thanks hujsh, chef, boydogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

12. Thanks boydogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I looked at the quarter by quarter scores. We won all 4 quarters. That says something about playing every second of every quarter like mad men and consistency of effort.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

14. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I looked at the quarter by quarter scores. We won all 4 quarters. That says something about playing every second of every quarter like mad men and consistency of effort.
    True. We won the 4 quarters by 13, 11, 12 and 11. Can't get much more consistent than that.

16. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

AFL reporting that over 1.6 million viewed last night's game, the most viewed game of the year. Sensational that so many got to see us perform like that. Who knows how many may become Dogs fans after that.

18. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

AFL reporting that over 1.6 million viewed last night's game, the most viewed game of the year. Sensational that so many got to see us perform like that. Who knows how many may become Dogs fans after that.
    Some new members would be good too. And some 'lost dogs' recommitting too.

20. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Plus 420,000 on Foxtel, so almost 2 million people - almost 10% of the population

22. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Some new members would be good too. And some 'lost dogs' recommitting too.
    I believe we can renew at the start of October for 2017 the season.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"