Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  15
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Whole of Club Momentum

Just need Footscray to win tomorrow and it's been a full week.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    Lally did get fat! A pity as he was an extremely gifted player. Don't know about Max Crow, though. He was five years past his best footy by the time he crossed to us.

Other factors were Shorty Daniels morphing from Tarzan to Jane from 1985 to 1986. Neil Cordy (one of the few players to play better footy away from Mick Malthouse - both before and after) fell out of favour with Mick. He basically went missing between the first final of 1985 and his eventual arrival in Sydney. Budgie looked very tired by the end of '85. I have a theory that he might've been crushed by Essendon's success... The quality of his footy probably would have warranted a slot in Essendon's '85 flag side - had he not crossed to us.. Groenewegen hit the p1ss, Steve MacPherson went a bit awry...

..... But it all started with Jock!! I reckon a lot of the above wouldn't have happened if Jock hadn't deflated the place. I think a lot of the above was driven by the "Well, bugger it, then!" factor.
    Shorty did his knee in 86. I remember having kick to kick with him and the Hawk during combined team training

Post Thanks / Like

So we have beaten last year's Grand Finalists. When was the last time that has happened?

Now to beat the fake plastic Gees and put them in their place.

4. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Now Bevo has 'guaranteed' Matty Boyd is playing on. And the momentum keeps rolling!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

6. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Now Bevo has 'guaranteed' Matty Boyd is playing on. And the momentum keeps rolling!

I hope that isn't a captain's call. Then again they must have been through some sort of process because this has been going on for a few weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I hope that isn't a captain's call. Then again they must have been through some sort of process because this has been going on for a few weeks.
    Hate to be pedantic, but Bevo's not the captain...

Post Thanks / Like

Momentum Strategy:

Thursday - Huge win. Tick.
    Friday - Great press. Tick.
    Saturday - Travis Cloke story - said to be ripping up his contract to play for the dogs on a low wage. Contract agreed to!! Tick.
    Sunday - VFL Team win. Tick.
    Monday - Player re-contract announcements. Tick on Friday, Tom Campbell signs up.
    Tuesday - Sponsorship extension announcements. Miss. But good press.
    Wednesday - Get Crameri back at training. Locked in. Tick.
    Thursday - Team announcement. Obviously locked in.
    Friday - March to the G (Tick.) led by Stew Crameri, Russell Gilbert & former players and of course beat Hawthorn. Tick.
    Saturday - Win VFL Preliminary Final and get into another VFL Grand Final. Tick.
    Sunday - Great press & Matty Boyd 'guaranteed to play on' by Bevo. Tick.
    The entire club, on field and off field, has got the hang of this. 119 point VFL preliminary final win!!! Keep the momentum!!
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 17-09-2016 at 06:20 PM.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Hate to be pedantic, but Bevo's not the captain...

Either is Tony Abbott anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Either is Tony Abbott anymore.
    Surely if we win the premiership Bevo can be Knighted.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I doubt this club has ever had this much momentum in our history!! Keep it up!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Surely if we win the premiership Bevo can be Knighted.
    Yep, that'd be OK with me.

If he wins a premiership then Bevo can have or do whatever he wants. If he wants to bungee off the Westgate no problem. If he wants all the land from the Forrest to the ocean it's his.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm hoping the club can build a tsunami of momentum over the next week or three with some big announcements. Starting with Matty Boyd getting a contract. Maybe a couple of other re-signings with interviews like Hrovat, Campbell & Hamling. Maybe leak some stories about other teams players wanting to trade in, maybe Cloke does another excited interview independent of us. A sponsorship extension or five about money. Send out membership renewals. A March to The G. And so on. Hopefully we can keep this great momentum and then channel it into the rest of our finals.
    I called for this three years, almost to the week. The club did it brilliantly well in 2016. Where story after story, and event after event kept the momentum of excitement up. So hopefully the club has weeks worth of good news.

My requests this time:

(- Bont won't sign this far out. I hope he would, but it makes sense for him to wait)
    - signature from Bailey Smith
    - signature from Bailey Dale
    - sign/extend 2020 put of contract list players, Schache and co.
    - out of contract opposition players naming us as trade destinations (like Cloke)
    - Mercedes & Mission sign extensions
    - Prime Minister Morrison, who says he is a Bulldogs supporter, turns up to WO with barrels cash (like Walter White, literal barrels of cash)
    - Promote the hell out of the VFL finals
    - Turn this period into membership sales for next year. Get people going onto the social club waiting list.
    - Use our injury retired 2016 heroes for exciting press: Tom Boyd, Clay Smith, Liam Picken etc.
    - A march to venue/s
    - How to manage the narratives around any retirements or injured players

Any other requests?

Post Thanks / Like

Momentum is happening organically on field.

My request is for this to continue.

All three teams have won the last three weeks.

All I ask for is for each team to remain undefeated for the remainder of 2019.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

16. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post

yeh, this would be nice. 4 more wins...
    The dam wall has busted!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post

Well there's that... But generating buzz around the players, around the club, good news to read, good segments of footy shows to watch. Seemed to work well last time with excitement everywhere for a month. Every day at work is a blessing.