Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  40
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Hawks + GWS = Grand Final

One of the best opportunities we have had for a long time. I am extremely confident.

Of course we need to win the first part of the equation, but it is doable, no doubt.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hawks + GWS = Grand Final

Hawks @ MCG 7.5/10 Chance.
    GWS @ ANZ 7.5/10 Chance.
    Geelong @ MCG 7.5/10 Chance.

So good chances in all three, if we play to our talent level and if injuries don't cruel us. I'm prepared to believe in what we dished up Thursday.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

It's wide open. We have the best chance of winning a Premiership this year that I can remember. All this of course is built upon our devastating performance on Thursday night.

Talk about peaking at the right time!
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    It's wide open. We have the best chance of winning a Premiership this year that I can remember. All this of course is built upon our devastating performance on Thursday night.

Talk about peaking at the right time!
    Talk about a week (or 2 in our case) is a long time in football. We were limping to the line after the freo game and I would of been content if we were competitive against the Eagles. Now I can't see how we could possibly lose!
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

That's a road we can take.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

If we can get through next week, I implore every Dogs fan if they can afford it and are able, to get to the prelim and make it like a home game atmosphere. Really unnerve those plastic ****s.

7. Likes bulldogtragic, ratsmac, boydogs, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    If we can get through next week, I implore every Dogs fan if they can afford it and are able, to get to the prelim and make it like a home game atmosphere. Really unnerve those plastic ****s.
    I'm in. We'll flood the place. Thing is, effing AFL will probably give away free tickets to Sydneysiders to drown is out and also cover the blushes.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Hawks + GWS = Grand Final

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Hawks @ MCG 7.5/10 Chance.
    GWS @ ANZ 7.5/10 Chance.
    Geelong @ MCG 7.5/10 Chance.

So good chances in all three, if we play to our talent level and if injuries don't cruel us. I'm prepared to believe in what we dished up Thursday.
    Funny guy!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hot_Doggies View Post
    Funny guy!
    What do you mean, let me understand this? 'Cause I, maybe its me, maybe I'm a little *!*!*!*!ed up maybe. I'm funny how, I mean funny, like I'm a clown? I amuse you. I make you laugh? I'm here to *!*!*!*!in' amuse you? Whattya you mean funny? Funny how? How am I funny?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

11. Likes Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah. There will be heaps of tickets so we can turn that to our advantage.

We should mount Operation Bulldog and attempt to get as many of us up to Sydney as we can manage.

Post Thanks / Like

We can do it
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Before our game for the life of me I just couldn't find a way through. The Storm was just too dark...but it's like the Sun has just parted the clouds....is the Storm lifting? Last night I thought right now we have a better chance at the Hawks, we have never beaten them in a final but we finally could match up with them....then Smith marks it and I thought we were done....bang he misses and the path become clearer again.

The only way would be if somehow GWS upset the Swans...bang they do and now our path is there, there is a way.

I've always dreamed and believed the only way we would ever get to that last Saturday would be through an impossible route, completely unexpected and complete outsiders. An Elimination Final interstate, then a final against the reigning champs, then a Prelim in Sydney. We won't be favourites in any of them and that's just how I've dreamt it.

Dare 2 Dream Bulldogs.

15. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rooner View Post
    Before our game for the life of me I just couldn't find a way through. The Storm was just too dark...but it's like the Sun has just parted the clouds....is the Storm lifting? Last night I thought right now we have a better chance at the Hawks, we have never beaten them in a final but we finally could match up with them....then Smith marks it and I thought we were done....bang he misses and the path become clearer again.

The only way would be if somehow GWS upset the Swans...bang they do and now our path is there, there is a way.

I've always dreamed and believed the only way we would ever get to that last Saturday would be through an impossible route, completely unexpected and complete outsiders. An Elimination Final interstate, then a final against the reigning champs, then a Prelim in Sydney. We won't be favourites in any of them and that's just how I've dreamt it.

Dare 2 Dream Bulldogs.
    The old saying is that it's always darkest just before the dawn. It did look pretty bleak immediately post Freo but inside a few days it's all turned around. Still lets just focus on the Hawks for now.

Post Thanks / Like

2 x 8 day breaks will help.

Thursday night v WCE
    Friday night v Haw
    Saturday twilight v GWS

18. Likes bulldogtragic, azabob, Ghost Dog, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    The old saying is that it's always darkest just before the dawn. It did look pretty bleak immediately post Freo but inside a few days it's all turned around. Still lets just focus on the Hawks for now.
    Definitely not getting ahead. We have never beaten the Hawks in a final and it will take an epic performance, they will not roll over and we will have to be unrelenting. Players coming back can be alright first up, but second up is harder. But I want another crack at them. They ended Bobs season lets end theirs.

20. Likes merantau liked this post