Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Luke Beveridge on Talkin Footy Tonight

7 Mate, at 7.30
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Thanks N/A, cinder, ratsmac thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Luke Beveridge on Talkin Footy Tonight

Replayed again at 12.15am Tuesday morning if anyone misses it tonight.

4. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What has Carey done to his face he looks like a waxwork

Post Thanks / Like

Good show. Interesting what Bevo said about trying to emulate in a small way the community feel of St. Bedes with the Dogs.

Post Thanks / Like

Confirmed he would like Matty Boyd to continue on next year.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

8. Thanks AndrewP6 thanked for this post
    Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The coach conducts himself very well, very professional in all media interviews.

Post Thanks / Like

For those who missed it, here is Bevo.

Post Thanks / Like

On again tonight

12. Thanks Templeton31, Rocket Science thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How did you think he went last night? I didn't understand the whole 'atrial foci' comment mind you I never got his 'snow button' comment at the season launch
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Kills me to see that footage of Roughy in the circle.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

For those who missed it - see here

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    How did you think he went last night? I didn't understand the whole 'atrial foci' comment mind you I never got his 'snow button' comment at the season launch
    He clearly doesn't enjoy that side of the caper, is open about it & fair enough IMO. I hate parts of my job too.

Forgive me for drawing some long bows here. One of the things that has concerned me is a change in his manner, there is a slight malaise in his speech and lack of cohesion in the stories he is trying to stitch together. It's different from when he started, less actual football skills and tactics, more personal wellbeing and growth. Not inherently bad, but there is something driving the change. It's off kilter.

I am probably projecting my own experience here, but to me he is behaving like a bloke who feels obligated, knows he can do the task but isn't loving it to any great degree. It's not the best place to be for too long. Suspect the shift in his story telling is actually as much about him as it is a vision for the players and Club.

I found that recently I had to put a lot of time into reframing my understanding of why I am in my role and which strengths I can deploy, which values will sustain me through a rough patch. Slowly the malaise gave way as the actual challenge that I felt best equipped to tackle emerged. I wonder if that is a journey our coach is on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    He clearly doesn't enjoy that side of the caper, is open about it & fair enough IMO. I hate parts of my job too.

Forgive me for drawing some long bows here. One of the things that has concerned me is a change in his manner, there is a slight malaise in his speech and lack of cohesion in the stories he is trying to stitch together. It's different from when he started, less actual football skills and tactics, more personal wellbeing and growth. Not inherently bad, but there is something driving the change. It's off kilter.

I am probably projecting my own experience here, but to me he is behaving like a bloke who feels obligated, knows he can do the task but isn't loving it to any great degree. It's not the best place to be for too long. Suspect the shift in his story telling is actually as much about him as it is a vision for the players and Club.

I found that recently I had to put a lot of time into reframing my understanding of why I am in my role and which strengths I can deploy, which values will sustain me through a rough patch. Slowly the malaise gave way as the actual challenge that I felt best equipped to tackle emerged. I wonder if that is a journey our coach is on.
    Yeah I worked in a job that I really loved the idea of when aspects of it were nearly killing me but I just didn't see it at the time. I love to help people but after a time I realized that the organization that I worked for had just got a bunch of articulate people together to find different ways to say "No, I'm sorry but we wont be doing that. It doesn't matter what we have told you in the past, that's where we are now"
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    That's become a euphemism for myself and my friends (who are not wb fans I shared the story with them) whenever someone fails or doesn't achieve as expected.

No snow button.

Just a sideways glance at each other.... "No snow button".

19. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    That's become a euphemism for myself and my friends (who are not wb fans I shared the story with them) whenever someone fails or doesn't achieve as expected.

No snow button.

Just a sideways glance at each other.... "No snow button".
    Did he ever actually finish telling the story of the snow button? I think he was implying it was a sense of comfort for him knowing it was there but never actually knowing what it was actually supposed to do
    No one at my table on the night thought he actually made the point of the reference
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"