Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  32
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I hate Hawthorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Serious? I'm not going for a personal reason. But I am hating the prospect of missing knocking the smugness out of them live.
    Semi serious.

Post Thanks / Like

The only Hawthorn supporters I respect are those over about 75 years of age.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

I have mentioned this before, one of my mates who meet up with every week is a Hawks supporter. He has told me a few times that as soon as they slide, he wont be buying reserved seating and not even a membership. I said what about at least supporting them financially, he said, nah they have got plenty of money. He also made some remarks half way during the season he wasn't enjoying the games any more - been there done that, plenty of premierships etc.

This is typical of their so called supporters.

He is away this week, and even though he is one of my good mates, I am glad because he would have wanted to come with me to the game. I hate going to games with opposition supporters.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I have mentioned this before, one of my mates who meet up with every week is a Hawks supporter. He has told me a few times that as soon as they slide, he wont be buying reserved seating and not even a membership. I said what about at least supporting them financially, he said, nah they have got plenty of money. He also made some remarks half way during the season he wasn't enjoying the games any more - been there done that, plenty of premierships etc.

This is typical of their so called supporters.

He is away this week, and even though he is one of my good mates, I am glad because he would have wanted to come with me to the game. I hate going to games with opposition supporters.
    Me too. Only like to be around our own kind.

Post Thanks / Like

I hate Geelong a lot more. I think they have gone a little under the radar in the AFL hatred stakes which surprises me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    I hate Geelong a lot more. I think they have gone a little under the radar in the AFL hatred stakes which surprises me.
    Agree. Hard to split Geelong, Adelaide, West Coke, Essendon, Carlton, Collingwood and St Kilda on my hatability meter.

Post Thanks / Like

I was going to list the teams I hate but it would be quicker to list the teams I love.

Us.

But I agree with the anti Hawthorn sentiment. I feel like strangling each one of them that I see with their "Member since 2012" scarves.
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

8. Likes Drunken Bum, HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Geelong are at the top of mine by a fair margin. Too many years spent at KP over my time down there listening to Ablett Snr / Jnr fawnings from kid bashing Grannies. I've said it a million times. The best thing about Geelong is the ring road.

If we make the Granny and get Geelong, beating them would set the axis of the Earth back on its correct alignment.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

10. Likes N/A, Bulldog Joe, The Bulldogs Bite, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    Agree. Hard to split Geelong, Adelaide, West Coke, Essendon, Carlton, Collingwood and St Kilda on my hatability meter.
    Needs more Richmond, Melbourne and North.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigsahibee View Post
    I was going to list the teams I hate but it would be quicker to list the teams I love.

Us.

But I agree with the anti Hawthorn sentiment. I feel like strangling each one of them that I see with their "Member since 2012" scarves.
    Yep, I feel for the ones who jumped on in 2008. They had to wait 4 long years between premierships.

13. Likes N/A, Sedat, craigsahibee, HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Richmond should be loved not hated. They provide joy and comedey for all and warm my heart constantly.The latest coup was absolute gold, we want to overthrow the board and come in and basically do exactly the same as the incumbent!

Post Thanks / Like

Richmond should be loved not hated. They provide joy and comedey for all and warm my heart constantly.The latest coup was absolute gold, we want to overthrow the board and come in and basically do exactly the same as the incumbent!
    The perfect Christmas present

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

16. Likes Eastdog, HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Yep, I feel for the ones who jumped on in 2008. They had to wait 4 long years between premierships.
    Titus O'Rielly posted a very funny tweet just before the GF last year, showing a picture of a new born baby with the caption "feel for all those Hawthorn fans who haven't seen a premiership in their lifetime"

18. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    Those stickers, arrrrrrgggggghhhhh... how could i forget them.

If i see another one at the traffic lights i think i may just have to reach for the sledge hammer from the back of the ute and rip their bumper off.
    Saw another one of those stickers today. Sick of seeing them around.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Tonight is definitely the night to mute the TV and bring the radio, cause if I hear Bruce Wankervaney spew forth his drivel about Cyril, I will kick the crap out of my new TV and sit on the couch and cry a lot.

21. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post