Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  7
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2017 Headline Free Agents

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    Fyfe has officially re-signed with Freo for 6 more years, effectively for the remainder of his playing career. .
    Talk is that its for about $8 million for that period.

Post Thanks / Like

I also think a quick, skillful midfielder is a higher priority or possibly line ball with KPD.

If I had to choose one of Kelly or Lever I'd take Kelly on perceived needs basis. (Aware he would cost more, is possibly too expensive and that we do not want to join a bidding war). Hoping Bont can have a whisper in Kelly's ear and that he has a chat with Bevo so he can make an informed decision.

If we did get Lever I'd still be happy though !!

Are there any other quick, skilled midfielders (other than Kelly, Martin and Rockliff) that might want to leave their clubs, incl. those still contracted where we might stand a chance e.g. someone at club has some ties with, those that have been injured a bit? I think I read somewhere ?BF? about Whitfield as a possibility. I'd have to put aside my prejudices regarding his hiding to avoid drug test plus playing faux tough guy in prelim, plus (and this is really unfair of me I know) that I have labelled him the chinless one...If he came to Dogs I think I could rewire my brain (maybe). Wonder if he passes our "good guy" policy?

3. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    I also think a quick, skillful midfielder is a higher priority or possibly line ball with KPD.

If I had to choose one of Kelly or Lever I'd take Kelly on perceived needs basis. (Aware he would cost more, is possibly too expensive and that we do not want to join a bidding war). Hoping Bont can have a whisper in Kelly's ear and that he has a chat with Bevo so he can make an informed decision.

If we did get Lever I'd still be happy though !!

Are there any other quick, skilled midfielders (other than Kelly, Martin and Rockliff) that might want to leave their clubs, incl. those still contracted where we might stand a chance e.g. someone at club has some ties with, those that have been injured a bit? I think I read somewhere ?BF? about Whitfield as a possibility. I'd have to put aside my prejudices regarding his hiding to avoid drug test plus playing faux tough guy in prelim, plus (and this is really unfair of me I know) that I have labelled him the chinless one...If he came to Dogs I think I could rewire my brain (maybe). Wonder if he passes our "good guy" policy?
    Zak Jones has had a break out year and remains unsigned (crossing threads but maybe our Daniel Kerr type).

Jacob Hopper is more of an unknown at this juncture but should become a long term mid option under strong development and developing alongside Marcus. Brings the added bonus of striking GWS.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Doc26. I do not watch that many other AFL games. Who does Zak play for, does he come from Vic? And what do you know about Hopper? Would love to steal some more their good players without paying heaps for them. Ta in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Thanks Doc26. I do not watch that many other AFL games. Who does Zak play for, does he come from Vic? And what do you know about Hopper? Would love to steal some more their good players without paying heaps for them. Ta in advance.
    Brother of Nathan Jones at Melbourne but plays for Sydney.

Jones you may recall was the Swans player who took the open hit on Travis earlier in the season - probably doesn't help to sell his value to us.

Hopper is a highly touted big body mid who has been on GWS's list for close to 2 seasons now. Mixture of age, injuries and difficulty of breaking into such a deep midfield has limited his opportunity and is coming out of contract. GWS would not want to lose him particularly with Kelly a chance to leave.

Post Thanks / Like

Motlop is a curious case. No one enquired on him being shopped last year. Surely no club would make him a decent FA offer now, and surely on his output this whole contract, Geelong shouldn't offer a decent offer either. Maybe he's forced to take a $150,000 a season pay cut to stay at Geelong and hope Cockatoo doesn't get and stay fit. But if he does, they're paying him $400,000 a year to play VFL. Glad it's not my problem.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Zak Jones would fit our needs perfectly .

9. Likes Doc26 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Motlop is a curious case. No one enquired on him being shopped last year. Surely no club would make him a decent FA offer now, and surely on his output this whole contract, Geelong shouldn't offer a decent offer either. Maybe he's forced to take a $150,000 a season pay cut to stay at Geelong and hope Cockatoo doesn't get and stay fit. But if he does, they're paying him $400,000 a year to play VFL. Glad it's not my problem.
    The difference between Motlop's best and worst is miles apart , and at this stage of his career that ain't changing .

Post Thanks / Like

Motlop family have a history of outstanding highlights but rare and more downs than ups.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

The FA list is slowly dwindling down, with Reid & Martin likely to re-sign.

Of what's left, I'd be happy with Rockliff, Kruezer, Trengrove & McKenzie.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Updated full list:

Richmond
    Dustin Martin
    Signed a 7 year deal worth $1.3 million per year
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

The FA list is slowly dwindling down, with Reid & Martin likely to re-sign.

Of what's left, I'd be happy with Rockliff, Kruezer, Trengrove & McKenzie.
    Kreuzer has re-signed with Carlton today.

Post Thanks / Like

It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Kreuzer has re-signed with Carlton today.
    Pool is getting shallower.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-08-3...n-twoyear-deal
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Its more like a parental supervised kids wading area, as opposed to a pool now.

So a hypothetical question, what would we think if two years in a row our list was losing talent and nor bringing in comparable talent?