Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  7
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2017 Headline Free Agents

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Kelly is a midfielder though and while he's supposedly quit skilled does he have any point of difference that would make him elite?

Just seems an odd place to throw speculative money
    Kelly will be an out and out star. He's already a jet. I wish we could get hold of him.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    An interesting little tidbit from an article about North's Josh Kelly offer:

Josh Kelly must decide if he wants to play in premierships or chase a big contract, writes Jon Ralph
    If Kelly is worth a million a year what is his mate The Bont worth?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Kelly will be an out and out star. He's already a jet. I wish we could get hold of him.
    Fair enough. As someone who only watches the Dogs, the players for teams like GWS tend to blend together so I'll bow to your judgement there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    If Kelly is worth a million a year what is his mate The Bont worth?
    A lot more when his contract expires in a few years. Happy we locked him away at whatever his price at the time was worth.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Jake Lever is out of contract at years end
    Would be a wonderful addition to our back half
    Potentially losing Morris and Adams,hoping we're into him

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Jake Lever is out of contract at years end
    Would be a wonderful addition to our back half
    Potentially losing Morris and Adams,hoping we're into him
    Last word on Adams was he was keen to stay.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Hawthorn will be desperate to get back into the first round this year. Gunston has two years, worth $650,000 a year, to run at Hawthorn. I wonder if he's gettable (with a Bevo connection) if Hawthorn want a first rounder (and a player more than likely) and think they can go with the following successfully:

Puopolo Roughead Rioli
    Cicily O'Brien/Schoenmakers Bruest

They then have more than enough salary cap to land either Fyfe or Martin, in addition to a gaining first rounder and player.

Gunston has shown most worthy as the third tall. If a team could offer him the same circumstances where he's excelled, lesser defenders due to other good top end forwards, he would be an amazing get.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I think Hawthorn will be desperate to get back into the first round this year. Gunston has two years, worth $650,000 a year, to run at Hawthorn. I wonder if he's gettable (with a Bevo connection) if Hawthorn want a first rounder (and a player more than likely) and think they can go with the following successfully:

Puopolo Roughead Rioli
    Cicily O'Brien/Schoenmakers Bruest

They then have more than enough salary cap to land either Fyfe or Martin, in addition to a gaining first rounder and player.

Gunston has shown most worthy as the third tall. If a team could offer him the same circumstances where he's excelled, lesser defenders due to other good top end forwards, he would be an amazing get.
    A gun midfielder or key defender would be a more pressing need than a 3rd tall in the forward line. Great player of course, but I think our draft picks are better spent elsewhere.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

9. Likes chef, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    A gun midfielder or key defender would be a more pressing need than a 3rd tall in the forward line. Great player of course, but I think our draft picks are better spent elsewhere.
    It depends, I think. Firstly, if Morris plays on next year and Zaine, Collins & Adams develop well enoug, looking at free agents Trangrove or Hansen. Not sure we can land a gun midfielder, as Prestia & Treloar wanted 'big clubs' and Kelly has $9,000,000 reasons to go to North. If Clokey is a two year stop gap, and Tom Boyd is going to be rucking large chunks of games and Stringer also increasing his midfield time, Gunston might be a great addition in affording flexibility to using Boyd, Cloke, Stringer & Crameri in multiple roles.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Injuries have cut him down big time.

Injuring himself during a fitness test for another club was just about the limit.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/repo...724c0c293a0bc2

PERTH radio is claiming former Brownlow Medalist and current Fremantle captain Nat Fyfe will sign a $1.5 million deal with St Kilda at the end of the season.

Fyfe is this year’s most sought-after free agent, with the future of the talented midfielder likely to be speculated on throughout the entirety of the campaign.

And radio host Brad Fitzgerald, part of the ‘Carmen and Fitzi’ program on 96FM in Perth, revealed he had been told news of Fyfe’s move by a “high-ranking board member” at the Saints.

“The offer is worth $1.5 million a season and it is — as far as legally wise — virtually accepted,” Fitzgerald said.

“He can’t sign yet but it’s basically a done deal and he is going to St Kilda.

“I can’t name names but this has come from a high-ranking board member of St Kilda.”

Fyfe is averaging 26.8 disposals per game this season, having missed the majority of the side’s 2016 campaign with a broken leg.

He is out of contract at the end of this year.

13. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/repo...724c0c293a0bc2

PERTH radio is claiming former Brownlow Medalist and current Fremantle captain Nat Fyfe will sign a $1.5 million deal with St Kilda at the end of the season.

Fyfe is this year’s most sought-after free agent, with the future of the talented midfielder likely to be speculated on throughout the entirety of the campaign.

And radio host Brad Fitzgerald, part of the ‘Carmen and Fitzi’ program on 96FM in Perth, revealed he had been told news of Fyfe’s move by a “high-ranking board member” at the Saints.

“The offer is worth $1.5 million a season and it is — as far as legally wise — virtually accepted,” Fitzgerald said.

“He can’t sign yet but it’s basically a done deal and he is going to St Kilda.

“I can’t name names but this has come from a high-ranking board member of St Kilda.”

Fyfe is averaging 26.8 disposals per game this season, having missed the majority of the side’s 2016 campaign with a broken leg.

He is out of contract at the end of this year.
    Wow, close to $2.4M tied up in Fyfe & Carlisle. They'd want a big rise in the salary cap, as that's around 25% of the cap in two players. Assuming Freo don't play hardball, say they'll match it and demand the Hawthorn pick.

Post Thanks / Like

The AFEL have put this handy regularly updated free agency list and notes like last year:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-06-0...agent-analysed

Post Thanks / Like

We need a tagger so Suban has some interest for me.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    We need a tagger so Suban has some interest for me.
    Do you believe Bevo would play him?