Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

GWS v Western Bulldogs: AFL’s historically silly Sydney final decision

But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: GWS v Western Bulldogs: AFL’s historically silly Sydney final decision

I can't understand the timing and viewpoint of this article - given that all club members that were looking to get a ticket to it yesterday morning, were accommodated.

It doesn't matter if its a sellout - it is supposed to be a sellout - and having managed the ticketing so that club members were looked after first, it has ultimately been handled appropriately.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I can't understand the timing and viewpoint of this article - given that all club members that were looking to get a ticket to it yesterday morning, were accommodated.

It doesn't matter if its a sellout - it is supposed to be a sellout - and having managed the ticketing so that club members were looked after first, it has ultimately been handled appropriately.
    How do you know everyone was accommodated? Lots of people are put off with the system and it becomes all too hard. What about trying to promote the game to non club members and getting neutrals to attend. I think if this game was held at the SCG you could get up to 40,000 attending. Its a joke playing a prelim at a suburb backwater that barely holds 24,000 people.

The prelim finals normally showcase the best footy of the year, as the Granny is rarely a close game. Why not allow more to attend?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    How do you know everyone was accommodated? Lots of people are put off with the system and it becomes all too hard. What about trying to promote the game to non club members and getting neutrals to attend. I think if this game was held at the SCG you could get up to 40,000 attending. Its a joke playing a prelim at a suburb backwater that barely holds 24,000 people.

The prelim finals normally showcase the best footy of the year, as the Granny is rarely a close game. Why not allow more to attend?
    I haven't heard a single story of someone who was desperate to go, missing out. There are still tickets available.

The atmosphere will be great on Saturday with a packed stadium.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post

Incorrect. Cheaper CAT 4 and 5 seats sold out very quickly leaving only the more expensive seats remaining [$150]. Not everyone could afford that so many missed out on their seat preference due to the low volume of the stadium.There are people I know relying on those cheaper seats who will miss out because the extra $80-$100 [with all the other required expenses] was just too great.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

The cheaper seats around our cheer squad sold out in 30 minutes.

On the positive side there were 8,100 Bulldogs member tickets and 6,000 GWS member tickets sold. We will outnumber them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Incorrect. Cheaper CAT 4 and 5 seats sold out very quickly leaving only the more expensive seats remaining [$150]. Not everyone could afford that so many missed out on their seat preference due to the low volume of the stadium.There are people I know relying on those cheaper seats who will miss out because the extra $80-$100 [with all the other required expenses] was just too great.
    Great point and one I didn't think of. Tweeted it to Richard Hinds who has been vocal about Bulldogs fans whinging about tickets and all he could come back with was that Spotless will be better full than 28K at ANZ.

Yeah, for those that can afford to attend.

Post Thanks / Like

On the positive side there were 8,100 Bulldogs member tickets and 6,000 GWS member tickets sold. We will outnumber them.
    Where are the other 10,000 tickets? All non members and AFL people?

Post Thanks / Like

And our passion will overwhelm them on and off the field!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

I agree with this. A significant chunk of the crowd at an MCG final's game is not usually even that interested in footy during the home and away season. But it brings people in.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Great point and one I didn't think of. Tweeted it to Richard Hinds who has been vocal about Bulldogs fans whinging about tickets and all he could come back with was that Spotless will be better full than 28K at ANZ.

Yeah, for those that can afford to attend.
    Be careful he blocked me after some Victory Melb city banter .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    I agree with this. A significant chunk of the crowd at an MCG final's game is not usually even that interested in footy during the home and away season. But it brings people in.
    I went with an Essendon and a Pies supporter - finals are massive in Melbourne and plenty of neutrals pick a team and go
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers