Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  314
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Game Day AFL Week 3 Preliminary Final - GWS Giants V Western Bulldogs

I was in Auckland. And yes I could hear you!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Boom tish!

Post Thanks / Like

I was in Melbourne and could heae you.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

There's a strange event happening in my house. I have twin sons , one of which loves sports and the other until six months ago couldn't tell the difference between a footy and an lbw call. One went to the gf with me, the other actually watched the prelim with me and confessed he watched the grand final on tv. I've noticed son #2 (aka the bandwagon) has decided to wear my "premiers 2016" cap whenever he goes anywhere, and told me it gets a lot of reactions. I mentioned there's a dogs game in Adelaide this year and he's interested in going. It's a miracle! Now to get the missus interested.....

5. Likes bornadog, ReLoad, N/A, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sign him up...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    There's a strange event happening in my house. I have twin sons , one of which loves sports and the other until six months ago couldn't tell the difference between a footy and an lbw call. One went to the gf with me, the other actually watched the prelim with me and confessed he watched the grand final on tv. I've noticed son #2 (aka the bandwagon) has decided to wear my "premiers 2016" cap whenever he goes anywhere, and told me it gets a lot of reactions. I mentioned there's a dogs game in Adelaide this year and he's interested in going. It's a miracle! Now to get the missus interested.....
    My wife has been to about 4 matches in 36 years of marriage, but has listened to most games over the years. Since the GF, she insists we watch some of each of the four finals. Each night she is the one picking a quarter here and there and her favourite game is the prelim. She hates Lobb and can't stand Patton and Greene or the smart aleckness of GWS in general.

Now to get her to go to live games.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    My wife has been to about 4 matches in 36 years of marriage, but has listened to most games over the years. Since the GF, she insists we watch some of each of the four finals. Each night she is the one picking a quarter here and there and her favourite game is the prelim. She hates Lobb and can't stand Patton and Greene or the smart aleckness of GWS in general.

Now to get her to go to live games.
    That's gold. My beautiful other half hasn't really watched sport let alone the Bulldogs, though this preliminary final she picked the atmosphere and made sure she watched it as I was travelling to Sydney.

She called me up after the game balling her eyes out over how awesome it was.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

9. Likes Throughandthrough, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I was in Melbourne and could hear you.
    I could hear you Twodogs
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

These are the GWS players I dislike in order from most loathed first: 1. Toby Green - annoying little smarty. Has the sort of face you'd like to slap hard. 2. Shoelaces Lobb - annoying streak of misery. If he was 186cm he'd be playing for Woop Woop Reserves in the NE South West Borders League. 3. Patton - if he wasn't the size of half a container he'd struggle to get a kick in any comp. 4. Jeremy "Kick it to ME" Cameron - a front-running, downhill gliding champion flat track bully. If he had to win his own ball his stats would read a big fat zero in all columns. A harried stats man's dream. You could actually mark his card before the first bounce and be pretty confodent of getting it right. 4. Heath "It Wasn't Me!" Shaw - this teflon-coated Collingwood reject lords it over his less experienced team mates big time. But thr game's up Heath. Tory Dickson made you look like the chump's chump. Keep waving those arms Heath, keep pointing those fingers, keep laying bare your personality defects on national television, keep playing like a self-absorbed tennis brat in a team game. I love you Heath.

And 5? The rest of GWS. The difference betwen 5 and 1 is not much except to say I feel really gutted to see Callan Ward and Ryan Griffin running round for them.
    But ... I would never have them back under ANY circumstances. They made their beds, they can lie in 'em.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    These are the GWS players I dislike in order from most loathed first: 1. Toby Green - annoying little smarty. Has the sort of face you'd like to slap hard. 2. Shoelaces Lobb - annoying streak of misery. If he was 186cm he'd be playing for Woop Woop Reserves in the NE South West Borders League. 3. Patton - if he wasn't the size of half a container he'd struggle to get a kick in any comp. 4. Jeremy "Kick it to ME" Cameron - a front-running, downhill gliding champion flat track bully. If he had to win his own ball his stats would read a big fat zero in all columns. A harried stats man's dream. You could actually mark his card before the first bounce and be pretty confodent of getting it right. 4. Heath "It Wasn't Me!" Shaw - this teflon-coated Collingwood reject lords it over his less experienced team mates big time. But thr game's up Heath. Tory Dickson made you look like the chump's chump. Keep waving those arms Heath, keep pointing those fingers, keep laying bare your personality defects on national television, keep playing like a self-absorbed tennis brat in a team game. I love you Heath.

And 5? The rest of GWS. The difference betwen 5 and 1 is not much except to say I feel really gutted to see Callan Ward and Ryan Griffin running round for them.
    But ... I would never have them back under ANY circumstances. They made their beds, they can lie in 'em.
    A lot of what you say hear I heartily endorse.

Shaw would be my number one, however while he was made to look silly by Libba and Tory, as much as I remembered him having a crap game, on the rewatch he carved us up plenty of times, and has done before, and he does it consistently. He goes about it like an absolute tosser though.
    I think Lobb is very handy. Cameron and Patton are formidable.
    They have a bunch of spiteful little characters, I still wonder what Leon thinks of all that.

Post Thanks / Like

Love it! Strongly concur. Personally I'd have Heath Shaw in front of Cameron and Lobbe, he's a genuine pain in the arse. And I'd have Ryan Giffin in the top five as well. He's one of them now. Just another plastic warrior.

Has the sort of face you'd like to slap hard.
    One of my footy coaches (more than one actually) told me that my best asset on the field was my "supremely punchable head" I'm sure he meant it as a good thing.

Post Thanks / Like

These are the GWS players I dislike in order from most loathed first: 1. Toby Green - annoying little smarty. Has the sort of face you'd like to slap hard.
    I agree with this - but more because of the commentators love for him. There is no doubt our run from the back half (aka JJ) tore the game away from them time and again...but the Giants half forwards were never mentioned as being complicit in this. If TG was such a great player on the day, then how did Wood take 6 marks in the first quarter and how did JJ run the lines so well in the 2nd half? If running defenders are held to account when the forwards they are playing on kick goals, then forwards MUST be accountable when the running defender they are playing on splits the game open.

TG - good player but a key reason why the Giants went down.

p.s. I said pre-GF that if Sydney had any guts they would stick Nick Smith on JJ rather that worry about our small forwards...not only did they not do that, but they lined up with Lloyd, Papley, McGlynn and Richards in the forward half...non of whom seem able to be able to understand what transition defense is (though Papley is a strong i50 tackler). Dumb.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

15. Likes merantau, bulldogtragic, Topdog, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Games on Fox atm.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

We started well, hope we can break that prelim curse.
    The curse is dead.

18. Likes Twodogs, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

7mate have this:

2011 Prelim Final: Collingwood v Hawthorn

SeriesSportNC
    AFL Hall of Famer Matthew Richardson counts down his top five AFL Grand Finals of this century.

7:32pm – 10:24pm (172 mins)

Errr.

Series also includes 2011 Elimination Final and a H & A match from 2013! I think I may have worked out one of the reasons for Richmond's lack of success when Richo was there. All those "Grand Finals" they won weren't Grand Finals after all...