Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  314
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Game Day AFL Week 3 Preliminary Final - GWS Giants V Western Bulldogs

Has anyone raised the mouthy Cameron? - utter **** and useless today.

But he wasn't alone - there was lots of that and other "tough" stuff from the Giants. Seems they'd read comic books about how to be tough.

Compare them to the Swans the night before - they just let their genuinely tough (and fair) play do the talking against the hapless Cats.

I didn't like the Giants before today but now I really loathe them.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

It's 4.06 and I'm still awake .
    My daughter rang me ( both girls not footy fans, although they have memberships ) gotta teenage OMG I'm crying
    Staying with their mother and her family who incidently live across the road from one John Longmire !!

Post Thanks / Like

How about Toby Maclean's clearances in the last. He won both the really critical clearances in the closing couple of minutes. Really stood up.

4. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    How about Toby Maclean's clearances in the last. He won both the really critical clearances in the closing couple of minutes. Really stood up.
    What about the hanger when we were having trouble clearing the backline?

Post Thanks / Like

I really need to watch the whole game again, I was too delirious with terror and hope to take much of it in.

Really wish we were in Melbourne right now to soak up all the excitement!

Post Thanks / Like

Watched the last quarter again. Stil can't believe we did it. Flights booked, arrive in Melbourne Friday morning! Need to tell mum.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    I really need to watch the whole game again, I was too delirious with terror and hope to take much of it in.

Really wish we were in Melbourne right now to soak up all the excitement!
    Same with me. Can only recall major incidents.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

I sobbed.

Can't believe it.

10. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post

But he wasn't alone - there was lots of that and other "tough" stuff from the Giants. Seems they'd read comic books about how to be tough.

Compare them to the Swans the night before - they just let their genuinely tough (and fair) play do the talking against the hapless Cats.

Heath Shaw, well we know what to expect. The jumper punches, slaps in the face - what a bunch of nasty bullies.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Heath Shaw, well we know what to expect. The jumper punches, slaps in the face - what a bunch of nasty bullies.
    No doubt in my mind Libba got to him. A guy who's so often the bully didn't like it being given back. Was reminiscent of his Collingwood days

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post

They play like Hawthorn, but without the Premierships. It's a result of Sheedy's influence from the early days, telling them they were tough, the cream and entitled to glory.

Unpleasant team that was as stupid as any this year in trying to rough us up.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

14. Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Loved Macleans second round the neck in the last two minutes .
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I sat in an Airbnb lounge room in Scotland, wind and rain lashing at the windows...and seemingly, at the WiFi signal as well.

At 8:10am (1710 AEST), the AFL global pass was conspiring against me. It would not load the match, stating that it did not start for another hour (WRONG). Frantic emails and tweets, and THANK THE HEAVENS by bounce down it was on...or so I thought.

I spent the following two hours huddled over my phone, 2013 Through and Through Guernsey on and signed-by-Bob membership hat on my head, analysing every freeze frame that came onto the screen. Is he going to mark that? Oh no he's going to get tackled! Surely the whistle has blown? The vision would jump forward minutes at a time, the commentary rarely matched, and I didn't see more than 15 seconds of fluid video for the entire match. With 2 minutes left on the screen, and dogs up by 5 points, having been frozen like this for over 30 seconds, my phone starts going crazy. "Woof woof", "Carn the dogs", "you must be pumped", "have you booked your flights yet?" - I turned to my girlfriend in disbelief. We'd *!*!*!*!ing done it.

I didnt get to see 90% of the match. I didn't see Macrae's goal, or the final minutes. I didn't get to see the final siren, or the post match celebrations.

But this Saturday, the WiFi can't beat me. Because I'll be there at the G, losing my shit with every single one of you, and cheering on these beautiful men! #BeMoreBulldog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    We are going to see the Bulldogs on the ultimate stage.. That's all that matters.
    That's true but some players-the great ones-own the stage. This is Bontompelli's next great test. Will he rise to the occasion and stamp himself as truly elite like Carey and Macleod did on GF day? It's one of the subplots of the game that I'm really looking forward to seeing.

So many great players like Johnson and Grant and Hawkins (the Hawk would have incredible in GFs I think but we will never know) never got the chance to show if they truly had what it took. I'm keen to see whether or not one of our own has what it takes.

But it will be *!*!*!*!ing awesome to all 22 bulldogs on the big stage.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    That's true but some players-the great ones-own the stage. This is Bontompelli's next great test. Will he rise to the occasion and stamp himself as truly elite like Carey and Macleod did on GF day?
    Yes him will
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.