Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  314
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Game Day AFL Week 3 Preliminary Final - GWS Giants V Western Bulldogs

Oh how I wish I'd been in Sydney for that game. Reading these posts you can see how intense an experience it was for those who were there. It was obviously the best game and the best atmosphere people had ever witnessed. Two of the best team goals ever - Caleb Daniel before 3/4 time and then the Bont's and the absolute frenzied efforts to get the ball to Jack Mac and then the kamikaze defence efforts in the last couple of minutes before the ball ends up with Stringer rampaging goalwards before spotting up Dicko and ... the rest is glorious history etched into the memories of all who saw or have seen it. Mega to the max. Seriously epic.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

2. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Best game I've ever been to. It was like a home game. The fans were the 23rd player that evening. Unbelieveable.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

4. Likes merantau, chef, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    Oh how I wish I'd been in Sydney for that game. Reading these posts you can see how intense an experience it was for those who were there. It was obviously the best game and the best atmosphere people had ever witnessed. Two of the best team goals ever - Caleb Daniel before 3/4 time and then the Bont's and the absolute frenzied efforts to get the ball to Jack Mac and then the kamikaze defence efforts in the last couple of minutes before the ball ends up with Stringer rampaging goalwards before spotting up Dicko and ... the rest is glorious history etched into the memories of all who saw or have seen it. Mega to the max. Seriously epic.
    Epic is right. Crowd of 21k, with the noise and tension it may as well have been 210k! Mum and I were sitting right behind the Smorgon family, and at one point late in the game, David's son asked his own son how long there was left. "2 minutes", came the reply. He said that for about ten minutes! I thought I was going to have a heart attack. Epic indeed.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

6. Likes Topdog, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Epic is right. Crowd of 21k, with the noise and tension it may as well have been 210k! Mum and I were sitting right behind the Smorgon family, and at one point late in the game, David's son asked his own son how long there was left. "2 minutes", came the reply. He said that for about ten minutes! I thought I was going to have a heart attack. Epic indeed.
    It's funny who you find yourself sitting near at the footy. My best one ever was John Kennedy sr and Dermott Brereton sitting next to me in the AFL members back years ago at the MCG. I learned a lot about footy that day.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    It's funny who you find yourself sitting near at the footy. My best one ever was John Kennedy sr and Dermott Brereton sitting next to me in the AFL members back years ago at the MCG. I learned a lot about footy that day.
    Now THAT would be a footballing experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Now THAT would be a footballing experience.
    It was like footy heaven. Dermott was teaching himself how to do special comments so Kennedy was talking about how the game was unfolding, where problems were occurring, stuff like that. It was like footy boot camp with the greatest instructor of all time.

Post Thanks / Like

This game would make for a great WOOFcast along with another WOOFcast of the Grand Final. We could try on a Sunday night again.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

A WOOFcast at some stage for all the finals would be great.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

I was gonna suggest a quick WOOFcast for NYE cos I had nothing to do but ended up watching Big Bash all night.

13. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I was gonna suggest a quick WOOFcast for NYE cos I had nothing to do but ended up watching Big Bash all night.
    Maybe this Sunday night or next. Will depend on how many woofers can get on board.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Maybe this Sunday night or next. Will depend on how many woofers can get on board.
    Whenever is fine with me.

Post Thanks / Like

Watched a replay of this yesterday, first time I'd seen it since watching it live. Even knowing the result it was stressful...

Had to be one of the best games of the year - can't wait to beat them again this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Watched a replay of this yesterday, first time I'd seen it since watching it live. Even knowing the result it was stressful...

Had to be one of the best games of the year - can't wait to beat them again this year.
    Can't believe you waited so long to watch it again! This game was the best win I've seen. I remember thinking in the crowd that it didn't seem like either team could possibly lose. The belief was at 100% for both sides, and the pace was just frenetic.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

Watching it now. Nervy times in that 2nd quarter.

Post Thanks / Like

Last 10 minutes of the prelim currently watching. I'm herring really nervous.